Senior Software Engineer (Cloud)
- REMOTE US
About the Team:
The Turbonomic Engineering team is responsible for accelerating the delivery of new upcoming cloud features as well as designing and building functionality around controlling cloud-based applications. This autonomous organization collaborates closely with product management and the rest of R&D in small scrum teams with the opportunity to rotate across various feature teams. You’ll get to see the direct results of your work running at scale across top enterprise clients within a matter of months through each new release.
As part of this world-class engineering team, you will design and build some of the most critical features and enhancements for the Turbonomic Platform which is the control system making application workloads SMART (self-managing and in real-time). On this team, you’ll get to continuously learn about AWS, Azure, open source and cloud-native technologies on a daily basis. We also offer the opportunity to test new ideas and contribute patents (we currently have 10 patents with 6 more pending all from employees).
Our technology stack consists of: Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Protobuf, REST, Angular
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Background in Java, C++ or other modern development
- 2+ years of experience in ONE of the following:
- Cloud providers (Google, AWS, Azure)
- Working at a pure cloud software startup
- Developing software that runs ONLY in the public cloud
- Re-architecting legacy applications for the public cloud
- Experience in one of these areas:
- Public cloud APIs for IaaS (AWS, Azure, Google) or PaaS (CloudFoundry, OpenShift)
- Cloud-Native (for example: Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker, Deis)
- Background in: Microservice architectures or distributed systems based in AWS, Azure or GCP
- Familiar with:
- Cloud DevOps practices
- Agile development methodology
- Cloud-based distributed application development and scaling
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or a related field
Bonus Points if you have:
- Certifications: AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Cloud Practitioner, Azure DevOps or related
- Experience with Machine Learning Solutions
Turbonomic helps thousands of enterprise organizations activate their hybrid cloud journey by leveraging our patented platform to continuously assure that application workloads get precisely the right resources needed to ensure performance and eliminate overspending while maintaining policy compliance.
Turbonomic is the leader in Workload Automation for Hybrid Cloud. Recently, Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company both for the third time. We also made the Inc. Best Workplaces 2018 list and locked in strong partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values trust, performance, and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners that have a sense of urgency behind their work and are coachable, but also coaches in their own regard. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
To make sense of the market opportunity ahead of us, Gartner predicts that 90% of organizations will adopt hybrid cloud infrastructure by 2020. Currently, there are 200M workloads in the world, but that is also expected to grow 20% each year to 380M in 2020. And we’re sitting right in the middle of this opportunity with the right technology to help move customers forward in their cloud strategy to transform their businesses for the digital age.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
- Unlimited paid time off flexibility boosts creativity and performance work-life balance is key.
- Pre-tax benefits medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
- Access to executives we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
- Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap physiological needs, check.
- Game rooms, quiet areas and more play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
- Career advancement jump in, learn, make an impact and shape your career