Senior Software Engineer, Cloud at Stanley Black & Decker
Title: Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud
Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud – Atlanta, GA or Towson, MD or Remote
Make A Difference For Those Who Make The World™
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 53,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do:
As a Sr. Software Engineer, Cloud you’ll be part of our Global Tools and Supplies (GTS) team located in Atlanta, GA., Towson, MD. or remote. You’ll get to:
- Work cross functionally in an Agile/Scrum environment alongside Development and Product Management to deliver high quality solutions
- Design and develop software in modern enterprise-class Web languages and development platforms, including cloud-based and containerized platforms
- Design and develop REST Services with AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Design and develop IoT device integrations
- Creation/maintenance of the CI/CD solution using Amazon Code Pipeline
- Work in a collaborative, agile development setting incorporating elements of Scrum and Kanban
- Work on a team with product owners, UI/UX, development and test team members
- Participate in design and code reviews of both own code as well as that of others
- Maintain software quality and reliability by creating testing artifacts, unit tests, and providing the communication needed to ensure modified artifacts are continuously releasable
- Bring to life and support production-grade, scalable, high-quality software applications
- Ability to potentially mix in other new and emerging technologies as appropriate
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have: Insert description/requirements based on job….
- BS in Computer Science; MS in Computer Science provided additional weight but not required
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, including AWS Lambda, S3, Serverless / CloudFormation configuration, and API Gateway
- Experience creating secure REST Services
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object-oriented programming and concurrent programming
- Exhibit software design, coding, and testing best practices
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving and project management ability
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment in general
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!