Senior Software Engineer, Backend at Aptible
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Backend
Location: North America
Classifications: Remote Full-Time
We see a future where it’s easy to bring a great idea into the world using the internet, while respecting data security and privacy. The next generation of businesses will design security and privacy into their operating processes. If every business is going to be a software business, every business will need to be a security business.
We’re working to make information security a core competency of every startup. We envision a world in which startups have access to great information security, are empowered to focus on their businesses instead of on compliance, can scale faster and more efficiently, and are confident that they’re creating quality products.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build and make Aptible the best security management platform for startups.
This is a unique opportunity to be a high-impact, early member of the Aptible Team. You’ll be responsible for architecting, building and scaling backend services for a product Aptible is building to help our clients improve their security posture.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We prioritize diversity within our team and value different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- You’ll lead on creating a set of backend services that support our product goals, and enable frontend engineers to meet Aptible’s target delivery dates
- You’ll partner with Product and Design to effectively plan new features, avoiding bottlenecks and maximizing velocity when it comes time to implement
- You’ll mentor other engineers on architectural principles and backend engineering patterns
- You’ll inform the product roadmap and implementation decisions based on feasibility
- You’ll ensure that our product is maintainable, meaning that other engineers are able to contribute new functionality easy, and without frequent technical debt
- You’ll ensure that our product is reliable, meaning that it’s performant, has high uptime and few bugs
- You have experience building and scaling web applications with real users
- You enjoy mentoring other engineers on your team
- You can take specifications from Product and Design and come up with a plan for how to implement them
- You stay up to date on the latest backend technologies and patterns
- You provide clear, useful documentation to other engineers
- You can weigh the pros and cons between different architecture designs (e.g., monolithic vs. microservices, REST vs. GraphQL, etc.)
- You have experience writing code that’s used and maintained in production for years, not months
- You’re proficient in the languages and databases we use, including: Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Work from Anywhere: Enjoy the flexibility of working from home, a local co-working space, or your favorite coffee shop.
- Open Vacation Policy: We encourage you to take the time you need, when you need it for any holiday or matter of personal importance.
- Paid Parental Leave: We offer job-protected Paid Time Off 14 Weeks, Fully Paid for all parents to bond with a newly born, adopted, or fostered child.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance: We offer comprehensive health care for employees, with 100% of premiums paid by Aptible.
- Hardware & Software: We help you create your ideal office setup and provide any software you’ll need.
- Company Travel: We come together in-person at least two to three times per year, in locations around the globe.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!