Senior Software Engineer – Back-End at Zillow
Title: Senior Software Engineer, Back-End
- Location: United States
About the team
We are a small, yet highly effective engineering team made up of team members who truly want what’s best the product and each other.
- Our back end stack is Java 8
- Front end and back end engineers work side by side
- We have product managers, but everyone is encouraged to give their own ideas and understand the business
- We deploy multiple times a day.
- We value “culture add” over “culture fit”
- We follow a lightweight lean/Kanban methodology
About the role
The Zillow Rental Manager team pursues a wide range of challenges aimed at helping landlords and property managers, big and small, rent and find quality tenants for their properties. Your role in this will be centered on the back end development of new and existing services on our site. Additionally, you will be reviewing the code of your peers, advocating for standard methodologies for back end development, and participating in an inclusive, energetic and highly multi-functional team. This includes the opportunity to:
- Build products that genuinely affect the way people find a quality place to live
- Work on initiatives that are among the highest priorities for Zillow Group
- Collaborate with multiple teams across all of our consumer brands
- Have a clear path to grow your career
- Have your ideas thoughtfully considered and potentially make it into a product
- Use modern back end development practices
Who you are
- Comfortable and confident when it comes to expressing what you know, especially when performing code reviews.
- Eager to accept feedback and learn what you don’t know
- Can empathize with the many different types of people who use our products
- Ideally have 6+ years of experience or its equivalence in a software engineering role
- Enjoy Back-End development using Java
- Have the ability to solve complex problems with practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions
- Emphasize quality and testing
- Have self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!