Senior Software Engineer
NATIONWIDE – USA
VIRBELA – ENGINEERING
Want to help teleport enterprise collaboration in the a 3D, cloud-based, virtual world? Want to push the boundaries of performance and transform the remote working experience? VirBELA (www.virbela.com) is a technology company that develops collaboration, learning, and assessment tools for major corporations like Amazon and eXp Realty, top business schools like Standard GSB, and military applications for the United States Navy.
VirBELA is looking for a highly-skilled software engineer to join our technology team. Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge in software systems engineering and design in areas relevant to the development of virtual world platforms. This can include experience in software development for games, simulations or other multi-modal platforms.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop code for complex problems into simple, straightforward solutions
- Exert technical advice to multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing deep knowledge and experience
- Lead programming on projects with supporting engineers
- Integrate software with 3rd party APIs and SDKs
B.S./M.S. in Computer Science
- Strong technical credentials, with 5+ years of technical engineering, including proven software deliverables
- Proficiency in object-oriented design and programming in C#, C++, and/or Java
- Experience in Unity/C#
- Network software development
- Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations
- Possess expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Ability to leverage knowledge of internal and industry prior art in design decisions
- Solid coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews
- Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design
- Web development is a plus with nodejs, react, mongodb and integration with other web services
VirBELA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.