Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Director, Popul8
About Pulse8, Inc.
Pulse8 is an innovative Healthcare Analytics and Technology Company that delivers visibility and transparency for Risk Adjustment and Quality Management programs. We enable health plans and at-risk providers to achieve the greatest financial impact in the Health Insurance Exchange (HIX), Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid markets. By combining advanced analytic methodologies with extensive health plan experience, Pulse8 has developed a suite of uniquely pragmatic solutions that are revolutionizing risk adjustment. Pulse8’s flexible business intelligence tools offer real-time visibility into member and provider activities so our clients can apply the most cost-effective and appropriate interventions for closing gaps in documentation, coding, and quality.
What’s cool about working for Pulse8?
We’re a close-knit team of Healthcare and Technology experts dedicated to helping people live longer, healthier lives. You’ll get to help us design and build innovative solutions from the ground up and have the opportunity to do lots of interesting things in an entrepreneurial culture. We offer competitive benefits and much, much more!
Pulse8 is seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to use best coding practices to identify, document, build and support data ETL, QA, automation solutions. Position will also be required to perform support functions and other ancillary duties as assigned. Superior technical, critical thinking and interpersonal skills are essential for success in this position.
- Be a key player in an Agile environment, participating in daily huddles, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Be a part of our scalability strategy
- Develop innovative new Healthcare Technology products and services
- Develop and refine our best in class Healthcare Analytics algorithms
- Identify and document opportunities for automation and improvement of data ETL and QA processes
- Work with teammates to prioritize, design, build, test, deploy, troubleshoot, document, and support technology solutions using industry and Pulse8-identified best practices
- Perform a wide range of other ancillary duties in support of production runs and other company initiatives as necessary
- Expert-level proficiency in: C#, .NET
- Expert-level proficiency in: MS SQL: Database Design, Normalization, T-SQL Stored Procedures, Functions and Performance Tuning
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- MS SSIS, MS SSRS
- ASP.NET/MVC, HTML5, JQuery, CSS3, and Web API
- Knowledge of healthcare with relative experience in: Claims data, Risk adjustment, Medicare, Quality (5-Star, QRS, HEDIS) and Medicaid
- Experience with testing, specifically writing test cases, unit testing, and automated testing
- Experience with other database technologies (NoSQL)
- EMR/Integration experience (HL7, CCOW, APIs)
- Strong documentation skills
- Knowledge of medical coding terminologies such as MedDRA, SNOMED CT, RxNorm, and ICD-10
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.