Senior Software Engineer
LOCATIONS: Atlanta, Denver, New York, Philadelphia, Portland, Raleigh, Remote US, San Antonio
The Firefox Accounts team is looking for a passionate and experienced engineer to help design, build, and maintain our scalable, high availability systems. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of implementation, as well as collaborating with the product, design, QA, and data analysis teams to figure out the best way to expand our capabilities.
Firefox Accounts has millions of users around the globe and powers many of the services at Mozilla. We have ambitious goals and plenty of enthusiasm – come work with us and make an impact.
What you’ll do:
- Write clean, performant, open source, and standards compliant code
- Review code from other team members (as well as get your own code reviewed)
- Maintain effective unit tests and documentation
- Participate in stand-ups, bug triages, retrospectives, and other team meetings
- Make accurate estimates for upcoming work, communicate technical solutions effectively, and report progress
- Work in the open as part of the Mozilla open source project, and engage with Mozilla’s global community
- Be an advocate for the web
What we’re looking for:
- You enjoy working the full stack front to back, inside and out.
- You possess a deep understanding of web technologies (JS, CSS, DOM, HTML)
- You have at least 3 years developing and maintaining robust web products
- You uphold standards for quality and performance by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and maintaining documentation
We value a variety of voices. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience integrating with payment gateways; International payments a plus
- Experience scaling a platform to millions of users.
- Are comfortable working in a diverse community spanning many regions and timezones
- Experience working with open source projects and collaboration tools
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.