Sr. Software Engineer
- United States (Remote)
- Full Time
How Do You Fit In?
The ideal candidate will be experienced in contributing and building solutions in a microservice architecture. We are looking for a talented, intelligent, software engineer with excellent skills and an intrinsic desire to learn and grow professionally. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for owning, building and operating an API Gateway entry point to a microservices architecture replacing legacy systems in flight. Knowledge of scalable software design patterns as well as data flow patterns for distributed systems are essential. The ideal candidate would be someone with experience and problem-solving skills to migrate monolithic applications to microservices.
This position will report to the Manager, Engineering.
- Design and develop a highly scalable API Gateway entry point to microservices for different clients based on functional and non-functional requirements
- Participate in database design and creates solutions to maintain data consistency in a distributed system
- Ensure adherence to software development lifecycle and software best practices
- Implement automated test coverage for your code
- Develop software documentation
- Fix bugs, implement features, and tune applications for performance and scalability
- Be a team player by instilling trust and accountability in your work and day to day activities
- 5+ years as a software engineer in a web or ecommerce-based software product development organization.
- Familiarity with API design principles and hands on experience building RESTful APIs
- Experience with designing, building and deploying applications on AWS
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines supporting Agile methodologies: software design, coding, unit test, integration test, build and release
- Experience with software design patterns including dependency injection, inversion of control, aspect oriented programming, etc.
- Experience with highly scalable database design and implementation with relational and non-relational data stores
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality solutions in a high growth environment where priorities shift rapidly
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Eager and adaptable to change. Works with little guidance and direction. Able to navigate complex systems with ease.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills