Senior Software Engineer
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA (REMOTE)
- ENGINEERING CORE ENG
- REMOTE, FULL-TIME
Side is a real estate technology company that exclusively works with top performing real estate agents to predictably grow their business. Side is funded by blue-chip venture capital funds. Our office is in SoMa in San Francisco with 80+ full-time employees. Side pays competitive salaries with best-in-class health benefits.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Engineering team is comprised of 20 folks total, on four teams: Core Engineering, Marketing Engineering, Implementation Engineering, and QA. This role is to lead the Core Engineering team, which is 7 engineers. We appreciate diversity of thought and backgrounds — our core engineering team is 40% female. Core Engineering is responsible for building the features of our main product offering. What’s also really cool is that we share office space with our real estate agents, giving us unparalleled access to feature ideas and feedback on product development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This remote, full-time position is open to San Francisco or any other U.S. based location. We use a modern tech stack and hope that you’d be familiar with as much as possible, and willing to learn the rest. We offer a no BS interview process that treats people like human beings and asks relevant questions.
While we have solved some of the problems a startup faces, there’s a lot left to do. There is still plenty of greenfield product to build, and also some engineering focused items like improvements to our CI pipeline. Check out the requirements section for info about our stack.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Transform product wireframes into responsive, web-based user interface components, and modules using ReactJS
- Exercise sound judgement when architecting front- and back-end structures
- Create well documented pull requests and contribute to our internal engineering knowledge base
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU A STRONG FIT FOR OUR ROLE
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years working as a front-end software engineer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- SASS / Flexbox
- Interacting with internal and 3rd party REST APIs
- Submitting and reviewing pull requests
- Helping define deployment strategies
- Webpack, Browserify
- Git / Github
NICE TO HAVES
- Have experience with Firebase and React Native
- Built integrations with Twilio, DocuSign, Lob
- BTravis CI or other CI platforms
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Best-in-class benefits, including 100% healthcare coverage (medical, vision and dental)
- Flexible PTO
- $1,000/yr for learning and development
- Pet friendly environment
Side is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. Side does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Side uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Our stewardship of the data of many of our customers means that a background and DRE license check is required to join Side. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accord with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.