Senior Software Engineer
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Software Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Red Hat Virtualization engineering team. In this role, you will work as part of a globally distributed team which develops and maintains KVM, a core technology of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). You’ll develop new Linux virtualization features related to SCSI, block I/O, and paravirtualized drivers. Come prepared to work alongside some of the brightest engineers in the open source industry. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
Primary job responsibilities
- Maintain the Red Hat Virtualization block I/O storage technology in KVM and QEMU
- Integrate new open source virtual storage, logical volume, image formats, and snapshot or backup features into Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Develop new Linux virtualization features related to SCSI, block I/O, and paravirtualized drivers
- Experience with C, Linux system and drivers, storage, and SCSI I/O programming
- Familiarity with open source development model and culture
- Background with the Linux kernel or virtualization is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.