Senior Software Engineer at Sony
Remote | Full-time
Senior Software Engineer
This position can be fully remote for anyone in the USA or Canada.
- PlayStation Studios Visual Arts (PSSVA) of Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our development team.
- This role requires proficiency in multiple programming languages, familiarity with digital content creation tools, strong software design skills, and a dedication to writing robust and maintainable code.
- You will be responsible for the development and support of an array of studio tools encompassing our production pipeline, motion-capture and facial animation systems, and tools for creating 3D game content.
- The position requires collaboration with other engineers, our project management team, and the different artist teams being supported.
- On the server side, our production pipeline is a suite of proprietary micro-services that handle asset and workflow management, artist tasking, environment management, render farm and automation coordination, push notifications, and more.
- On the client side, there are a variety of graphical tools for artists and technical users, some of which function as standalone interfaces while others are integrated into the content creation tools the teams use.
- At least 5 years of experience writing tools, libraries and plug-ins in the Visual Effects or Video Game industry
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent program
- Advanced programming knowledge in C++ and Python
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Maya API, both python and C++
- Knowledge of user interface design with the Qt/PyQt/Pyside toolkit
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality software in a production environment
- Experience with continuous integration systems, preferably Jenkins
- Experience with a JVM language, preferably Scala
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB
- Knowledge of debugging in Windows, Linux, and OS X
- Knowledge of the Autodesk Motionbuilder Python API
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!