Senior Software Engineer at ReMatter
Senior Software Engineer
- Software Development
What We Value:
- The “T-shaped” engineer, one who has broad knowledge across multiple disciplines but focuses on one the most.
- Taking pride in working on projects to successful completion, involving a wide variety of technologies and systems.
- Putting yourself in the shoes of your users, and creating an intuitive, delightful experience.
- Holding yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Stitching many different services and processes together, even if you have not worked with them before.
- Working on both the frontend, backend, and everything in between to tackle problems and delight customers.
Engineering At ReMatter:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, and as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We’d rather have one strong, well-compensated engineer, instead of having 5 average engineers. Our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not ok with broken features.
- We believe in autonomy and accountability – our team consists of amazing people, eager to learn, teach, and constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for what they’re building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other systems in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up and help us get to the truth faster.
- Work with the founding team and other engineers to create exciting new features and products.
- Receive direct feedback from founders to best understand the needs of our customers.
- Own problems end-to-end, thinking through everything from user experience, data models, scalability, operability, and ongoing metrics.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes you will encounter.
- Comfortable working towards a long term vision with incremental deliverables.
- Experience in building large scale database-backed web applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and succinctly
- Some parts of our stack are listed below. If you have experience in these, great ! We can get started that much faster. If not, no worries! A hallmark of a great engineer is picking new technologies quickly:
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Learning & Development stipend
- Parental leave policy
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy, work from home, and real work/life balance
- Company events (Hack Weeks, All Hands, weekly social events) and friends and family events
ReMatter values diversity and inclusivity in our company and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!