Senior Software Engineer at GitHub
Title: Senior Software Engineer – Trust and Safety
- Location: Remote – US / Canada
GitHub has a strong pedigree as a domain specific social network. As with other social networks, it also has a fair portion of users who come to engage in bad behavior of all sorts. Building and maintaining infrastructure and tooling to ensure that we provide and maintain a safe, welcoming, and productive environment for our diverse community of users is the mission of the Trust and Safety engineers. Specifically this means detection and moderation of abuse, resolution of DMCA takedowns, and content screening, however as time progresses we expect to explore more innovative approaches.
About The Team:
This is a brand-new team. You will work closely with several other teams, including Platform Health which combats abuse at scale, SIRT which deals with incident response, and the legal and policy teams that own GitHub’s terms of service and serve as stakeholders in defining trust and safety standards.
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
- Writing and reviewing front and back-end code.
- Documenting the systems you help build.
- Encouraging the technical growth of your peers.
- Working with your team to define and prioritize projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years experience shipping well-tested, production software
- Experience with one or more high-level programming languages.
- Experience in analytical fields.
- Experience in stream processing and data pipelines.
- Experience fighting spam, malware, fraud, or attack activity at scale.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!