Senior Software Engineer at Elastic
Title: Stack – Logstash – Sr. Software Engineer
- Location: Distributed, AMER
The Logstash project is an open source streaming ETL (extract-transform-load) tool that is capable of capturing data from multiple sources, reshaping and enriching, and pushing it to multiple destinations. It is structured around a set of more than 200 plugins and a core platform that wires these plugins together into one or multiple continuously processing pipelines. The project is written in a mix of JRuby and Java.
Our team is small and distributed across the globe and we communicate mostly through Slack, GitHub, email and Zoom.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining and leading the development of the core platform and plugins into the future
- Lead the efforts of improving Logstash’s (and its plugins) usability, performance and robustness
- Engaging with multiple public GitHub repositories and community forums
- Caring for the needs of our users and enterprise customers
- Contributing to development process, improving tools and automation
- Collaborating with other teams to drive product goals
- Working together with the support organisation to help our customers.
What you’ll bring:
- Ability to work in a remote-first environment, which implies excellent verbal and written communication and collaboration skills
- Critical thinking, autonomy and being proactive
- Proven back end focussed skills preferably in Java and/or Ruby/JRuby, or a track record of developing distributed applications and willingness to learn an additional language.
- Experience with test driven development and/or software delivery backed by comprehensive testing, continuous integration and automation
- Experience in back-end distributed application development (cloud, orchestration, Linux/Windows services, etc).
- Knowledge of message brokers (like Kafka, RabbitMQ, JMS), database technologies (namely JDBC), non-RDBMS databases (like MongoDB and Neo4j) and any sort data streaming technology
- Familiarity with typical programming support tools such as Travis, Jenkins, GitHub, Git
- 4+ years of industry experience.
What would help:
- Experience with JRuby and the rest of the Elastic Stack
- Front-end/UI experience (full-stack engineer with React/Angular)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!