Senior Software Engineer at ServiceNow
Senior Software Engineer
- Engineering, Infrastructure and Operations Remote, United States
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
- Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place.
- We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
- People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating.
- Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
- The CMDB Engineering Team is passionate about delivering solutions for our mission-critical IT asset management products.
- Addressing scale, performance, quality and ingenuity are at the core of our purpose.
- As a core member of the CMDB Engineering Team, you can help provide meaningful contributions to our CMDB products as we continue to grow and scale.
- This is a high-visibility arena where technical leadership is sought and recognized.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Develop & implement AI and machine learning for CMDB uses cases
- Working in a Scrum-based Agile development process that is light on documentation and meetings and heavy on coding
- Designing and implement software that is simple, intuitive and easy to use that will allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific business needs
- Play a key role in the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functional features by working closely with business and product owners, and creative designers
- Collaborate with product managers and user experience designers to deliver delightful experiences
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and help drive knowledge-sharing
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Over 5+ years of experience designing and building scalable reusable products/components
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages
- High energy, self-starter with aptitude for learning new technologies
- Expertise in coding efficient, object-oriented, modularized and quality software
- Expertise with Java, OOP, and Design Patterns
- Knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, SOAP, REST and associated frameworks
- Knowledge of unit testing, profiling, and code tuning
- Solid understanding of data modeling and databases (MySQL preferred)
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Must be comfortable with juggling multiple priorities with the ability to manage time effectively
- Lead and mentor less experienced developers
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!