Senior Software Engineer at Karat
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote (Within U.S.)
We’re Karat, the leader in technical interviewing
Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
Come join our Engineering team
Our Software Engineering team is dedicated to building the world’s most predictive, inclusive, and fair interviewing products for our clients and technical candidates alike.
What you will do
As a Senior Software Engineer at Karat, you will be build product features that materially improve how engineers are interviewed, and how engineering organizations operate. Working closely with cross-functional partners, you will work hands-on in the ideation and execution of complex products that directly serve engineers, candidates, and internal teams as we scale. Your work will be the bridge between users, providing the backbone of our platform.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is available for this position.
- Develop web applications using a variety of engineering languages (i.e. HTTP, Rest and GraphQL).
- Lay the foundation for our new systems while revamping our existing codebase.
- Write clean and scalable services, components and APIs and the backend that our products depend on.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team of Analysts, Data Scientists, Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers, to define features and build powerful and easy-to-use products and customer-facing workflow tools.
- Contribute to the further development of effective processes for ensuring our products have high quality code and minimal defects.
- Deliver the projects that fall into your team’s area on time and with quality.
- Own projects from design to release, including communication with stakeholders.
- Remain flexible enough to handle all of the unknowns that come with fast growth in the company.
- Help develop effective processes for ensuring our products have high quality code and minimal defects.
The experience you will bring
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering or related roles (startup experience a plus)
- Professional experience developing and launching web applications/systems into a production environment
- Experience in at least one of Ruby, Python, or similar language
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux workflow
- Prior experience designing and building backend services and APIs or frontend components
- Ability to effectively identify and pursue challenging problems
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.