Senior Software Engineer at DigniFi
Senior Software Engineer
- United States | Full time
DigniFi is a platform company that connects consumers with lenders for car repairs, tires, accessories, and other auto-related needs. The automated, contactless process serves up financial products through the point of sale at car dealerships and independent repair shops. DigniFi provides consumers with access to fixed payment plans from 12 to 36 months. The loans are originated through WebBank, an FDIC-regulated bank. To date, DigniFi has provided access to over $120 million in loans in partnership with more than 5,000 auto service centers.
IDEAL CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS:
The ideal candidate for this position will have the experience/skills listed in this job description PLUS a flexible, hardworking approach with no hesitation to take on tasks outside the specific scope of the job description. We are a start-up so this individual should be able to work independently or with a team and effectively execute objectives with minimal management. The Senior Software Engineer will be expected to meet and exceed performance goals by constantly innovating their approach. It is important that this person is someone who will bring intellect, creativity, problem-solving skills, and constantly work towards evolving the way our company operates. A sense of curiosity and a can-do attitude are a must. Tremendous growth opportunities exist for the right candidate!
- Design and lead development of software and components through collaboration with business stakeholders
- Mentor and guide software engineering team
- Develop extensive knowledge of the existing software systems in place at DigniFi
- Stay on top of and ahead of new technologies and tools that can improve the SDLC
- Spend time in the field with DigniFi Customer Support and Account Management teams
- Encourage Test Driven Development
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools and containerization
- Keep up with ever changing software tools and techniques
- Committed to Agile development and experimentation while constantly measuring code/feature efficacy
- Degree in Computer Science or Code School completion required
- 7+ years of Software Engineering experience, 2+ years of Ruby
- Ability to communicate effectively with people of different degrees of technical ability
- Demonstrated capacity for self-learning
- Demonstrated logical and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excels in a team environment as well as independently when required
- Experience with Rails, Ruby, Git, and React is required
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!