Senior Software Engineer at Wild Alaskan Company
Title: Senior Software Engineer
- Location: Remote Remote US
Are you a puzzle-solver who loves the challenge of building things? Someone who wants to see their work have immediate impact, every day, in a fast-growing business environment? Have you ever considered selling fish on the internet? Wild Alaskan is a tech-enabled marketing and logistics platform delivering wild-caught, sustainably sourced seafood to households across the United States. As a member of the engineering team, youll maintain, expand, and improve the engine that keeps the entire business running, solving novel problems around customer satisfaction, operations, fulfillment and the supply chain. A curious mind and love of learning is a must. Ideally, youre intuitive and empathetic, energized by understanding and nimbly responding to evolving business needs as the company grows.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, youll work across the full tech stack of our custom-built eCommerce platform, including the marketing site and admin. Youll be expected to ship, but wont be micromanaged. This is a new position at Wild Alaskan.
- US-BASED REMOTE APPLICANTS ACCEPTED
- OPEN TO CONTRACT-TO-HIRE
- Collaborate with the digital product, growth, and member experience teams, and foster an environment of open and direct communication
- Deliver projects (big and small) based on company needs, owning the process from ideation and concept through to production deploy
- Actively work to monitor and maintain code base health, reducing existing tech debt and proactively surfacing the need for refactoring or new approaches
- Spring into action to squash bugs as needed
- Serve as a thought partner and sounding board for colleagues
- 4+ years of senior software engineer experience with the backend. We’re using a PHP Laravel stack
- Hands-on experience with modern practices such as continuous integration, unit testing, Docker, AWS, git
- Proficiency in MySQL, NoSQL, caching technologies (such as redis), search technologies (such as elasticsearch)
- Nice To Haves
- A background in UI/UX
- Experience with business intelligence tools (such as looker and Google analytics)
- Past experience in the food industry a plus
- Previously experience at a rapidly growing start-up
- Experience collaborating with supply chain teams
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!