Senior Software Engineer at Good Money
Senior Software Engineer
at Good Money
About Good Money
Good Money is the world’s first digital banking platform where we will make every customer an owner and allocate 50% of our profits to social and environmental impact. Good Money is a conscious banking platform providing best-in-class mobile banking and financial services while democratizing ownership to its customers for the first time in history. We’ve built a team of almost 50 after raising a Series A round to build and release a product this spring.
Our first banking product is now live with our first real customer cohort. The early returns are showing that customer want what we have to offer. Now to capitalize on the opportunity we must add bandwidth to build in a better way that allows us to own our full tech stack.
About the Technology Team
We’re looking for senior backend engineers to help us build this next phase. By investing in you and adding strength to this team, we can start to deliver value to our customers in a new way post-launch.
Our intent is to continue to build a team of the best in their fields who want to produce the best work of their careers. Whether you have built within fintech or outside it altogether, the only requirement is the willingness and ability to build. For the right values-aligned candidates, we’ll support you in taking calculated risks and big swings in both success and failure.
It’s the right role for engineers who:
- Want to hop in and build on the ground floor of a company
- Bring 5+ years of relevant software development experience (or equivalent life experience)
- Skills designing and building large scale production systems or features
- Hold their work and ability to work with others to elite standards
- Can work in a cross-functional team-first way with people across our core systems and user flows
Specific build experience that will help:
- 4+ years of practical experience building performant scalable microservices using the Serverless framework and serverless technologies at scale
- 2+ years of experience with GraphQL, experience with Apollo Gateway, Apollo Federation and Apollo Graph Manager is a significant plus
- Senior-level experience with Ruby and/or Node for building microservices in AWS and Lambda
- Senior-level experience with high-performance database systems preferably MySQL and PostgreSQL
Hiring Philosophy & Process
Look, we know job searching is hard, time-consuming, and stressful. We aim to let you know everything we can, when we can. We want to make sure you have all the time you need to learn more about us. We also want to have the time we need to learn more about you. Once we surpass the threshold, we want to move forward.
- Distributed team nationwide
- Competitive salaries
- Open and flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!