Senior Software Engineer at Red Hat
Senior Software Engineer
- Location: US-Remote
- Job ID: 76893
- Category: Software Engineering
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat OpenShift team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in Boston, MA. In this role, you will help guide the continued progress of the Red Hat OpenShift offering. As part of the OpenShift team, you’ll need to have passion for technology and development, balanced with the responsibility of running a hosted service. You’ll offer a service that will change how development is done, using the benefits of Red Hat’s technologies and services hosted in the cloud. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll need to be inquisitive and motivated, but also able to collaborate with others and more than willing to help make them successful. You’ll also need to be well spoken and have excellent written language skills in English, which you will use to communicate with other Red Hat OpenShift engineers located across the globe.
Primary job responsibilities
- Serve as a senior-level engineering contributor to the Red Hat OpenShift Routing and DNS subsystems
- Make updates to key components within the Red Hat OpenShift networking infrastructure
- Contribute design, changes, revisions, updates, and maintenance to this infrastructure, as well as other core parts of the Red Hat OpenShift infrastructure which manage the routing and DNS characteristics of the offering
- Solid Linux experience, including administration of a single machine and creation and use of containers
- Experience with networking and internet technologies, including TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP and associated protocols, L4 and L7 load balancing solutions, or HAProxy; familiarity with other high-level protocols is a plus
- Experience with Go
- Solid experience with programming in a Unix environment
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Experience working on a large, complex, deployed software offering
- Software design and architectural experience
- Ability to write specifications
- Ability to divide specifications into subtasks
- Ability to lead others with technical implementation
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Experience working with source control and bug tracking; Git, Jira, or Bugzilla are a plus
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with at least one major cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with a container orchestration technology, ideally Kubernetes
- Experience working with Kubernetes upstream
- Contributions to open source projects in HTTP (server, proxy, or client), ipfailover, container, or DNS (server or client) space
- General open source contribution history
- Master’s degree in computer science
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!