Senior Software Development Engineer at Seeq Corporation
Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Seeq makes data analytics software for a big market that’s often overlooked by tech companies: industrial process data. Think pharmaceutical manufacturers, wind farms, and energy companies with tons of equipment and sensors. Our software engineers tackle hard problems in streaming calculation, distributed computing, and user interface design. The core of our product is a full-featured calculation engine that can perform complex math and execute machine learning algorithms on streaming time-series data.
Our company was founded 100% remote and we’re proud of it. We were good at remote long before COVID and will continue to be remote when COVID is a distant memory. You can work anywhere in a compatible time zone (our core hours are 8 am-12 pm Pacific). We use a variety of collaboration tools, like Zoom, Slack, and our homegrown Qube Virtual Office, which make us feel like we’re in the same building together. We use agile tenets to iterate on both our product and development processes. We have a wonderful team of kind-hearted, talented engineers that love to collaborate, teach each other new tricks, and build products that exceed our customers’ expectations.
Our team owns the backend infrastructure (primarily Java, Kotlin, or .NET) that acts as an interface or integration point between our core product and other software. As a Software Engineer on the Connectability team at Seeq, you will:
- Develop software that offers seamless integration between our core product and various data sources, focusing on performance, scalability, and ease of use.
- Debug race conditions, threading issues, intermittent bugs, and performance issues that result from complex interactions of different software.
- Work with data pipelines, a variety of data sources, third-party APIs, and SDKs.
- Solve technical challenges that go well beyond our own code (for example, diving into Windows permissions, security, firewall rules, or active directory settings).
- Interact with customers in occassional missions-critical situations, and collaborate in real-time sessions with customer personnel (including IT, business analysts, and engineers).
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion, but the ideal candidate is likely to have many of the following characteristics:
- You’re a team player who really enjoys solving problems and supporting our customers as a key part of their role.
- You look for and contribute value for our customers – you’re not merely abiding by a list of “issues” or “tickets” to be worked on.
- You want to work with the tech stack listed above. You are an expert at one (or more!) of these.
- You’re passionate about troubleshooting and solving real-life scenarios for our customers.
- You’re a relentless investigator – you’re comfortable exploring and digging around in third-party systems with limited documentation or unexpected behavior.
- You have solid written and verbal communication skills.
- You love to code, and you love great software design. A well-written API brings you joy.
- You are continuously finding ways to perfect your craft, be a better teammate, and come up with cool stuff.
- You’re disciplined with high attention to detail. You evangelize unit testing, continuous integration, and elegant solutions. You are allergic to bugs and have to take care of them immediately.
- You learn things quickly. You readily explore new technologies and approaches. You listen really well, and you know how to make your ideas heard without turning people off.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience.
- You are up for traveling occasionally to hang out with your colleagues and get some face-to-face time.
- You know how to balance life & work, and you don’t want a job that forces you to choose between them.
- You want to work with a bunch of really smart people that love working together. And you want to work for a startup with lots of happy customers, good investors, and a bright future.
- You will answer the following question in your application cover letter: “What makes Seeq a good fit for you?”
- We cannot accommodate any applicants that require visa sponsorship. You must already have permanent work authorization for the country in which you reside.
We are organized as a virtual company with a headquarters in Seattle, WA. We use state-of-the-art online collaboration tools for development and corporate functions. Employees can be based virtually anywhere as long as they have access to a good office environment and high-bandwidth connectivity.
The best applicants are ones who include cover letters explaining how their backgrounds, experiences, and interests match Seeq’s position description. Please let us know how you will contribute to our mission and our future success.
Seeq is a remote-first (only) company founded by serial entrepreneurs. Our executive team and board of directors have extensive experience with successful startup ventures in high-growth environments.
We are founded on the idea that companies need better solutions for quickly and easily getting business insight from their industrial process data. Our mission is to provide software and services that convert that data into meaningful information that the business can use to improve profitability.
We use the best modern big data technologies to bring industrial process data into the business decision process.
Our company is virtual, meaning that everyone works from a location of their choosing. There’s no commute and no cubicle! We are serious about recruiting and retaining the best teammates. We think there are tons of benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere.
We have a wonderful, kind-hearted, talented team that loves to collaborate, lead by example, and love to exceed our customers’ expectations. We are certified as a Great Place to Work, Emerging Startup, Technology Fast 500, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work.
The Perks of Working at Seeq
- Competitive salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses.
- Many communities around the US are incentivizing remote workers. Seeq’s work from anywhere (WFA) policy may enable you to take advantage of these programs.
- Important benefits like this (because we want you to be happy):
- Freedom PTO
- 5-weeks paid Seeq family leave
- Internet and mobile phone reimbursement
- Group term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance pre-tax benefit
- Voluntary vision and dental (ortho)
- 401K company match program
- Vacation bonus program
- Fringe Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous home office allowance
- The best co-workers (we’ve analyzed the data, so we know it’s true)
- Pet-friendly workspace (your dog will be so happy to have you home)
- Loving your job!
Seeq provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
You must be authorized to work in the country in which you reside. Seeq does not sponsor US F1 or H-1B work Visas.