Senior Software Development Engineer – Platform (Req.10059)
Are you a team player? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, and love working on challenging problems?
We are looking for creative and experienced software engineers to help with the development of the MAANA Knowledge Platform. We deal with challenging problems in distributed systems, data processing and scalability every day. And our platform helps our large enterprise customers solve key business problems, faster. We’re looking for talented software engineers to help us build this platform.
If local to the Seattle/Bellevue/Everett area work will not be remote.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Expectations and responsibilities will be adjusted based on experience and demonstrated ability.
- Understand the platform’s implementation, and the design choices made in arriving at the implementation.
- Design, implement and test features in the Maana platform and assist with creating supporting documentation.
- Work with QA and other stakeholders to ensure features integrate with other platform components.
- Acquire new information as needed for proper implementation of features, including learning new libraries, programming languages, APIs, and programming techniques.
- Mentor engineers and help improve overall team technical capability.
Preferred Experience and Skills
You will either come in with these skills or acquire many of them at Maana.
- NoSQL databases, such as key/value stores and graph databases.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering discipline.
- 8+ years professional experience in software development, including significant experience with back-end development.
- Experience with at least two of: micro-services, containerization, cloud computing, and distributed systems.
- Computer Science fundamentals and their application in developing software.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++, or with data store implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal & written).
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. At this time Maana does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Relocation expenses are not being offered for this position.
Maana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Maana complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.