Senior Software Developer – Front End at Moz
Senior Software Developer | Front End
Moz is poised to take the SEO industry to its next evolution and we need your help.
We are embarking on an effort to leverage our data collection pipelines with a modern application ecosystem and we need smart and creative developers who are looking for a challenge and want to grow as software development professionals as we evolve our business.
Our goal is to enable rapid evolution of customer functionality through ongoing experimentation and learning new things about what we can do every day. To do this, the services we need to leverage need to always be ready to go.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the design, building, and support for best-in-class software solutions.
- Partner with our internal and external stakeholders to implement effective solutions.
- Play a leading role in architecture design and development for new features and capabilities, and for migration of legacy systems, to meet business and customer needs.
- Implement and improve deployment, monitoring, testing, operational and foundational tools.
- Take turns in the on-call rotation, handling systems and operations issues as they arise including responding to off-hours alerts
Experience We Want to See:
- Qualified candidates must have demonstrated experience doing front end development for B2B SaaS products.
- Strong experience with ReactJS or comparable front-end frameworks (Vue, Angular).
- Familiarity with backend development in NodeJS or Python, PHP, etc.
- Experience managing deployments and production environments
- Experience collaborating with UX designers to deliver a polished customer experience
- Ability to communicate with management, software architects, and stakeholders about project status, APIs and overall system health
- Work in an agile process – be able to break down work into bite-size chunks and communicate this to the team
Nice to Have:
- AWS experience
- Advanced HTTP protocol knowledge and/or networking/firewall experience
- Pattern library development (Material UI)
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a $3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!