Senior Software Developer
As our Senior Developer, you need a solid understanding of all facets of developing software on the Salesforce platform. Further, it requires an understanding of and an appreciation for the functional aspects for a Manufacturing and Distribution ERP system.
As our Ideal Candidate, you are:
- Proficient in the basics of working on the Salesforce platform including:
- Objects and Fields (all field types)
- Reports and Report Types
- Salesforce Data loader and Bulk API for mass data export/import.
- Proficient in the basics of programming on the Salesforce platform including:
- VisualForce pages and controllers
- Salesforce Text Classes
- Understand the constraints and developing on the Salesforce platform including:
- Query, CPU and DML Limitations
- Query Bulkification
- View State imitations
- Know how to work within the Rootstock Apex Framework and become proficient working with:
- Standard Maintenance Pages
- Complex Maintenance Pages (Header/Line etc.)
- Batch Apex
- Understand the concepts of a Manufacturing/Distribution ERP system
- Understand specifications provided for new development
- Know how to troubleshoot and debug new and existing code
- Possess proper habits around testing and validating all development work.
- You will be given areas of stewardship within the Rootstock ERP and Financial products. This entails:
- Possessing an in-depth understanding of the functional area (what business process is being done, what is the user experience expectation, etc.)
- Knowing all the data objects in that area and how they interact with each other
- Knowing the various source code components, what each does and how they interact with each other and the data model
- As required, fix bugs and make changes to existing code.
- Extend existing functionality as defined in product specifications.
- Partner with our Product Management and Design teams to gain an understanding of new functionality and have a hand in the design of the user interface portions of the development cycle.
- Collaborate with our Quality and Customer Support teams to trouble shoot and validate the software
- As required, participate in the development of SOAP and RESTful integrations to 3rd party packages.