Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Palo Alto Networks
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Cortex XDR)
- United States, Remote
We are looking for a Senior DevOps SRE to work remotely with our Israel-based team to operate in production a large scale GCP cloud running our innovative SaaS cyber-security product, while continuously improving application deployment, monitoring, operability and uptime of the service.
The Cortex XDR group specializes in analysis and visualization of complex cyber-data gathered by the Palo Alto Networks products. It combines high-performance algorithms, deep understanding of modern databases, advanced visualization and high-end UI/UX.
- Work closely and in full coordination with the Israel-based DevOps team to provide follow-the-sun operational coverage in the production of our SaaS product
- Build automated tools for cloud operations such as automated remediation of known issues, auto-scaling, etc.
- Work with our Engineering team and influence the operability of the product
- Work with the HQ-based DevOps team for knowledge and tools sharing
- Write automation code and build tools to integrate multiple on-premise, private and public cloud services
- 5+ years as a DevOps/SRE engineer with a passion for technology and strong motivation and responsibility for high reliability and service level
- Ability to operate independently, make decisions, take action and take responsibility
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- High proficiency in scripting Shell scripts, Python or Go preferred.
- High proficiency with Linux
- High proficiency with containerized environments (Kubernetes and Docker )
- Ability to grasp new technologies quickly and prioritize and multitask on multiple responsibilities
- Advantage: proficiency with Google Cloud Platform operations
- Advantage: proficiency with Prometheus and other cloud native monitoring solutions
- Advantage: proficiency with CI/CD and Configuration Management
Cortex is the industry’s only open and integrated, AI-based, continuous security platform. Cortex is a significant evolution of the Application Framework designed to simplify security operations and considerably improve outcomes. Deployed on a global, scalable public cloud platform, Cortex allows security operations teams to speed the analysis of massive data sets.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!