Senior Security Subject Matter Expert at Amyx
Title: Senior Security Subject Matter Expert
Location: United States
- Amyx is seeking an experienced Senior Security Subject Matter Expert (SSME) for a 100% remote position to support upcoming contract work.
- The Senior SSME shall support the J62P Industrial Base Management System (IBMS) program. IBMS’s Cybersecurity includes the management and independent oversight of cybersecurity projects and activities under DoD Instruction 8500.1, DoD Instruction 8510.01 and the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
The Senior SSME primary job responsibilities will include:
- Perform cybersecurity support to the IBMS Program Manager.
- Perform technical support and reporting to IBMS PgM and the authorization decision process.
- The contractor shall review security controls compliance and capture in IBMS’s instance of the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS).
- Review compliance and completion of cybersecurity remediation actions and Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) entries.
- Perform monitoring, support and report to IBMS continuous monitoring methods, risk management activities, and risk reporting activities.
- Work in conjunction with IBMS’s assigned DLA cyber personnel, ISSM, ISSO, etc., by reviewing change requests, outage requests, cybersecurity policies, and other security-related activities as required.
- Policy and technical support to IBMS cybersecurity and enterprise IT officials.
- Support IBMS contract and government leadership to ensure that cybersecurity activities are appropriately integrated into IT system lifecycles and the path from development to production.
- Create and maintain RMF artifacts. This position will own this task.
- Integrate and provide expert knowledge to the IBMS development and sustainment team on daily scrum calls, Sprint planning sessions, retrospectives, and other meetings as cyber knowledge is needed or required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an Information Technology (IT) related field.
- Five years of combined experience with system engineering and security engineering
- Favorably adjudicated National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) investigation
- Security Clearance, Secret, IT II
- ISSEP or CISSP (preferred)
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Three years of experience working in support of the Government, DoD, Service or Joint national security headquarters staff or equivalent.
- DLA Agency experience
- Experience with Risk Management Framework
- Experience with DOD Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
- Five years of experience in security engineering in support of active DoD networks and systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and experience developing and presenting complex information to senior Government officials using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Military Service or government service supporting personnel programs
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!