Senior Security Engineer
ANYWHERE IN THE UNITED STATES
About the position
Security at Greenhouse is important to our success and for building & maintaining customer trust. From influencing how we write our software, deploy our infrastructure, and make architecture decisions, security is a major focus and we want to make our program more robust.
We are hiring a Senior Security Engineer to contribute to the growth of our security program and partner with our developers on improving secure best practices and our agile SDLC. Working alongside the rest of the security team, you will design and develop tools to automate security processes, identify security events, detect security vulnerabilities and much more.
Who will love this job:
- A security lover, you keep up with the latest security research and have a love for finding security issues in newest technology across various security disciplines
- A problem solver, you are able to take on difficult security problems while still balancing good usability and mitigating security risk
- A doer, you get things done with attention to detail and are excited to improve on the status quo
- A people-person, you thrive when collaborating with others and are eager to contribute across the organization
What you’ll do:
- Penetration testing and source code review of application and infrastructure code
- Develop security tooling to monitor our code bases and networks for security issues and mis-configurations
- Secure modern technology stacks that include Kubernetes, CoreOS, Docker,AWS and CI/CD tooling
- Participate in high-level architecture decisions that impact the entire code base as well as new features
- Handle third party security testing and bug bounty to ensure security issues are remediated
- Design frameworks/controls to secure a microservice architecture as we break apart a monolith application
- Automate alerting, vulnerability triaging, patching and many other security processes
- Harden and protect a fleet of OSX and Linux workstations across in a distributed working environment
You should have:
- Experience pen-testing web applications and reviewing source codes
- Deep understanding of web security fundamentals
- Experience with securing Amazon Web Services environments
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals, specifically around networking and security
- Knowledgeable with industry standard authentication protocols such SAML SSO and OAuth2
- Proficiency in at least one programming language and capable of quickly picking up new languages
Pay, perks & such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee’s journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive Ask Me Anything sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And… we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. 🙂
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.