Senior Security Consultant, Remote
Job Locations: US-Remote
Type: Regular Full-Time
Coalfire is the cybersecurity advisor that helps private and public sector organizations avert threats, close gaps, and effectively manage risk. Our professionals are among the most talented in the industry, and each and every day, they strive to provide the unbiased assessments, advice, and innovative solutions that help our clients meet their specific challenges and build long-term strategies to protect their organizations. For nearly 20 years, we’ve been on the cutting-edge of one of the world’s most important industries and we’re committed to making the world a safer place by solving our clients’ toughest security challenges.
We’re growing rapidly and are currently seeking a Senior Security Consultant in New York City.
What you’ll do
The Senior Security Consultant will perform IT Security Assessments at our Healthcare clients to ensure the safety and security of client IT assets by uncovering potential security vulnerabilities. You’ll work collaboratively with a team of assessors as a HIPAA or HITRUST compliance specialist and assist with the planning, scoping, and execution of client engagements.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ Years of IT security and compliance assessment experience.
- Subject matter expertise in the healthcare industry, including proven experience working with the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules, as well as the HITRUST Common Security Framework (CSF).
- A solid understanding of IT security technologies including network and application security, firewalls, access management, and data protection.
- Experience and knowledge of Healthcare operations and business processes.
- Experience assessing IT security vulnerabilities and IT Security audit procedures.
- Working knowledge of IT security frameworks and regulations such as NIST, ISO, CSF, HIPAA, HITECH, and Breach Notification.
- Experience and success in delivering client engagements on-time and within budget.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Security Certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CCSFP, HCISPP, or CIPP.
- Experience assessing security vulnerabilities using other frameworks suchas PCI-DSS, FedRAMP, ISO, SOC, etc.
- A professional commitment to IT security demonstrated by participation at conferences, blogs, white papers, speaking engagements and other evangelical activities related to IT security.
- A desire to grow professionally by joining, and contributing to, a group of skilled consulting professionals that focus on exceeding customer expectations.
Why you’ll want to join us
Passionate problem-solvers who are hungry to learn, grow, and contribute. That’s what it takes to be a part of the Coalfire team. We work together to tackle the toughest cybersecurity challenges and help our clients become more secure and successful. We are trusted advisors who are committed to shaping our industry. At Coalfire, our people have the opportunity to expand their minds and skills, build meaningful relationships with the industry’s smartest minds, and have a direct impact on our company’s success.
Along with energetic culture and supportive environment, you’ll have the flexibility to balance your personal and work life and grow personally and professionally. We work hard, and we play hard and the two often overlap. We host family-friendly events and happy hours along with professional meetups and informal networking sessions, and we’re active in our communities. Plus, we offer great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
- A generous 401(k) plan
- A corporate wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages
Coalfire is an EEO employer.