Senior Security Cloud Architect at Tanium
Senior Security Cloud Architect
The Senior Security Cloud Architect role provides candidates with an opportunity to liaison between multiple security and engineering teams to ensure the highest security standards are developed, applied, and maintained for all Tanium products and services deployed to AWS. This role is responsible for building and maintaining technical standards, reviewing and collaborating on designs, and developing and cultivating threat models and countermeasures or compensating controls. As such, Senior Security Cloud Architects are expected to stay abreast with emerging cloud technologies and their AWS implementations, as well as their impact on the security landscape.
We are looking for individuals with a passion for security, technology, and innovation. Individuals should be champions of security who are eager to work on a collaborative team to drive change, create secure designs, and to solve problems.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, document, and maintain security and compliance architecture standards
- Ensure implementation of security and compliance requirements are met and maintained
- Implement, review, and maintain strong access controls and identity roles within AWS IAM
- Provide technical expertise on trends and emerging changes to AWS cloud security landscape
- Lead and perform regular threat modeling exercises on new and changing environments
- Ensure tight coupling between Security and DevOps through collaboration with engineers
- Develops and executes strategies to increase AWS cloud security knowledge throughout the enterprise
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years working in a security focused roles (e.g., Operations, Engineering, IR) or equivalent
- 3+ years working in a security architecture role for cloud based products
- Must have deep knowledge of AWS architecture, security, and services design and implementation
- Lead the design and security review of cloud and SaaS architectures
- Experience with modern software development and automation (e.g, Git, Jenkins, JIRA, etc.)
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- Must have experience in at least one modern programming language (e.g., Python, Go, JS, C#, etc.)
- Must have experience with implementation of multi-tenant cloud environments
- Must understand serverless compute in AWS Lambda
- Structuring, auditing, and improving identity roles
- Threat modeling and defense of SaaS applications
- Strong understanding of networking basics, including TCP/IP and layer 7 protocols
- Deep understanding of modern attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
At Tanium, we empower the world’s largest organizations to manage and protect their mission-critical networks. There’s a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, and 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything and do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing and win as a team. Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!