Title: Senior Sales Account Executive – Commerce
Location: New York, Denver, San Francisco or Remote
Fastly helps the world’s most popular digital businesses keep pace with their customer expectations by delivering fast, secure, and scalable online experiences. Businesses trust Fastly to accelerate the pace of technical innovation, mitigate evolving threats, and scale on demand. Founded in 2011, Fastly powers online destinations including Airbnb, GitHub, Alaska Airlines, Pinterest, Vimeo, The Guardian, and The New York Times.
The worldwide cloud services market is projected to grow rapidly to $236 billion in 2020, according to Forrester, Inc. As more and more businesses move operations to the cloud, Fastly is well positioned to continue increasing CDN, cloud networking and cloud security market share with edge cloud services that reach beyond content delivery.
We’re building a better Internet. Come join us.
Senior Sales Account Executive – Commerce
Fastly has already disrupted CDN technology and now we are changing how CDN is sold. Our sales team engages in a consultative selling approach, learns the individual needs of each customer and delivers custom solutions. We focus on crafting a positive customer experience in order to build long-standing relationships.
The senior sales team’s focus is driving revenue, adoption and market penetration in enterprise accounts. You possess a technical sales background that enables them to drive an engagement at the CXO, IT architect and software developer levels. You should be a self-starter who is prepared to develop and execute against a territory coverage plan and consistently deliver on quarterly revenue targets.
If you have a successful track record of selling a highly technical product to consumer web, mobile, media and enterprise companies we would like to hear from you.
What You’ll Do
- Accountable for driving new business, and meeting or exceeding quota goals and MBO’s.
- Effectively and independently deliver the Fastly company story, value proposition, and product demonstrations
- Develop and execute a comprehensive account/territory plan to drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
- Prepare and lead proposals, quotes, and contracts
- Handle account management for closed accounts to seek additional revenue opportunities
- Accelerate customer adoption and ensure customer happiness
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Running all aspects of the sales cycle including: prospecting, sales campaign/meetings, negotiation close, account management
What We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of technology (B2B, SaaS preferred) related sales or business development experience with C-level executives
- Strong conceptual understanding of the combined practices of continuous integration (CI/CD) and continuous delivery including automation.
- Direct field experience and extensive customer network within Enterprise, Fortune 1000 and large multi-divisional/multinational companies
- Strong ability to close sales, run accurate pipeline and forecast
- Independent, self-disciplined and possess strong verbal and written communications skills
- Extremely inquisitive by nature
- BA/BS degree required, major in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We’re a Global Company. Fastly’s home base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of our SF headquarters! An international culture is part of our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits, like generous parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
Fastly provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant’s race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.