Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at FlexJobs
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Full-time employee, flexible schedule, remote
Who We Are
Our mission is to improve the future of work by helping people find flexible jobs that make their lives better. We are committed to doing this internally and externally with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In the past 13 years, FlexJobs has established itself as the leader in the professional flexible job market to help job seekers connect with employers that offer these highly desired arrangements, as well as to help employers reach these candidates. We do this in a way that makes the job search experience easier, safer, and faster for job seekers, by utilizing both technology and human intelligence to provide a friendly, effective, and valuable service.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk! This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Not only that, but having a great company culture is really important to us, and we’ve even been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about our current team, you can explore our Team & Culture page.
Responsibilities of the Job – The Opportunity
We’re looking for an exceptional Ruby on Rails developer to join our engineering team. As an engineer at FlexJobs you’ll work on challenging projects in collaboration with our Product and Quality Assurance teams to build, release, and maintain features for our user base.
Our team moves quickly and the ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently and at a fast pace, while also being adept at collaborating in a 100% remote environment.
- 5-7 years building web applications with Ruby on Rails
- 5-7 years building and maintaining high volume, consumer-facing, responsive websites
- 5-7 years experience working with modern development tooling (Git, Github, Docker, bash, aws)
- Experience with PHP and maintaining WordPress sites is a plus
Traits Required of All Team Members, You, Included:
- A sense of pride in your work
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
How to Apply:
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (v. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What hourly rate (based on a full-time, hourly schedule) you would be comfortable with
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
Applications can be sent through FlexJobs or by email to email@example.com.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!