Senior Revenue Accountant – Enterprise at Automattic
Senior Revenue Accountant (Enterprise)
at Automattic Careers
At Automattic, we are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, and Jetpack, and many more. We believe in making the web a better place. We’re a distributed company with 1,800+ Automatticians in 93+ countries speaking 113+ languages. Our shared goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant focused on our Enterprise Revenue Operations to join the team! You’ll be an integral part of the revenue accounting team with a focus on VIP and Parse.ly, our fast-growing enterprise software business. You’ll be responsible for:
- Reviewing contracts and managing the invoicing of our enterprise business to ensure timely and accurate revenue recognition
- Collaborating with Sales, Finance, Legal, and other key teams to ensure that contracts and renewals are compliant with accounting guidelines
- Assisting with customer communication around billing, payments, and collections
- Performing month-end close activities such as preparing journal entries, reconciliations, and flux analysis
- Assisting with external audits
- Documenting process narratives and implementing internal controls
- Ensuring the team can scale with the business by automation of processes and integration of systems
- Driving process improvements in the order to cash cycle
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of combined public accounting and private industry experience
- You have a CPA or equivalent license
- You have experience in the enterprise SaaS software industry
- You have an understanding of ASC 606 and how it applies to enterprise SaaS
- You love reviewing customer contracts and collaborating with other teams to help win customers
- You have experience using NetSuite or other equivalent ERPs, along with Salesforce or other equivalent CRMs
- You have advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- You are a team-oriented professional with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” mindset who promotes a collaborative team effort and celebrates team successes
- You are comfortable operating independently
- You love a dynamic, fast-growing environment
- You are highly motivated to learn new things and improve your skills
- You have excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- You strive to communicate as much as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. You will need to attach a cover letter and rsum. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so make your application stand out.
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com, please ensure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.
We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Simplenote, Jetpack, Longreads, Day One, PocketCasts, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.