Senior Revenue Accountant at Wowza Media Systems
Senior Revenue Accountant
- Full time
- Wowza Media Systems is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant to support the growth of our accounting, finance and administrative functions.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in software and/or SAAS revenue recognition and accounting, financial analysis, GL accounting and systems knowledge.
- This person will report to the Senior Revenue Manager and will play a vital role in the continued top line growth of Wowza and the development of various finance and accounting functions. This role will be based in our Golden, CO office.
- Assist in preparing technical revenue memos annually, such as standalone selling price, cost to fulfill, and customer life.
- Complete review of new sales bookings to ensure appropriate accounting, including reviewing the accuracy of invoices to be sent to clients. Document revenue accounting conclusions related to each deal and ensure revenue arrangements are set up appropriately.
- Assist in creating risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities using Zuora RevPro, including preparing journal entries and reconciliations for revenue and revenue-related accounts (e.g. deferred revenue, contract assets/liabilities, accounts receivable, and reserves).
- Prepare reports and analyses to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives related to revenue, remaining performance obligations, product margins, and others as needed.
- Assist in preparing disclosures for financial statements.
- Continually assess our processes and procedures, proposing ideas to help to implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Work collaboratively with all of Finance, Deal Desk, Sales and others within the organization to assist in understanding our actual revenue and understanding revenue movements.
- Work closely with our external auditors ensuring that the quality of our accounting records are in compliance with our policies and GAAP.
- Assist in various special projects as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar
- CPA required
- 4+ years revenue accounting experience
- Public accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/ASC 606
- Experience in working with software/SaaS companies
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $75,000 – $105,000
- Bonus Eligible
- Wowza offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance available 1st day of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with strong company match
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
- Parental Leave
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of our salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. The salary is one component of our total compensation package for employees.
Who We Are:
Wowza Media Systems is a streaming software, cloud services, and hardware provider aimed at powering live streaming for today’s most innovative companies. We frequent Streaming Media’s list of Companies That Matter Most in Online Video and Readers’ Choice Awards, as well as Built in Colorado’s list of Best Medium Workplaces.
Cofounders David Stubenvoll and Charlie Good first set out to create cool stuff with like-minded people in 2005. In the sixteen years that have followed, Wowza’s become the gold standard for streaming. One third of content delivery networks (CDNs) have Wowza’s technology built in and more that 24,000 organizations across the globe power their streaming with Wowza.
With adoption rates exploding, use cases proliferating, and video quality increasing, the streaming industry’s influence on everyday life continues to grow. And when it comes to live video, one thing rings true: If you can dream it, the experts at Wowza can help you build it.
Why Work for Wowza:
Wowza’s team works to connect the larger community with our passion for tech. From live-streaming graduation ceremonies for local high schools to participating in events like SheTech, employees are able to cultivate the same creative energy that first brought the company to life. Employees are encouraged to take ownership of their role with limited oversight — and coworkers are happy to help one another out.
Wowza Media Systems is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all people to thrive in.
Wowza’s office is currently in the mountain foothills in Golden, Colorado.
A significant portion of Wowza colleagues work “remotely” from their homes, both outside of Colorado and outside of the US (we have an office in Berlin, Germany). This role is open to both local Denver candidates and “remote” candidates around the world who meet the requirements of the role.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!