Senior Recruiter at Gremlin
Gremlin makes the internet more reliable and resilient. As the industry leaders of Chaos Engineering, Gremlin helps companies build resilience into their increasingly complex software systems.
Engineering teams use our solution to safely inject controlled failure into systems to identify, fix, and prevent outages. More resilient systems translate to happier users and better business.
About the Role of Sr. Recruiter
Gremlin is looking for an experienced Sr. Recruiter to help build our growing sales and marketing organizations . Our ideal candidate has successfully recruited at early-stage tech startups and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. As one of the first recruiters at Gremlin, you will play a crucial role in developing our talent acquisition strategy, employment brand, and candidate experience. You should have experience creating diverse candidate pools, advocating on behalf of both candidates and the company, building recruitment programs, and managing the full cycle recruiting process. You are motivated to set a new standard for recruiting at Gremlin and mentor others to match your performance. Most importantly, you are excited to experiment with new approaches to recruiting in collaboration with our VP of People.
- Partner with Gremlin’s hiring managers to help guide, understand, and fulfill hiring needs, including building target profiles and establishing the requirements for each role.
- Create a broad range of sourcing strategies to identify, assess, and build a diverse pool of world class active and passive candidates.
- Manage end-to-end recruiting process including; talent research, sourcing, candidate assessment & management, offer recommendations, negotiation & *hopefully* acceptance, leading a memorable candidate experience regardless of outcome.
- Create compelling email campaigns that highlight the exciting challenges and incredible remote culture at Gremlin.
- Champion the importance of diversity and inclusion.
- Serve as the company’s cultural evangelist, and ensure the preservation of Gremlin’s core values
- Develop strategies geared towards bettering the Gremlin recruitment experience through training interviewers and hiring managers, designing an employee referral program, etc.
- Track and understand relevant metrics for your activity and pipeline and actively share your progress with peers and hiring teams.
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Gremlin – with real time feedback on specific candidates, but also by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement.
Key Skills and Attributes
If you don’t think you meet all of the criteria below but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we’re looking for someone excited to join the team :).
- 4+ years of experience as a full-cycle recruiter. Bonus points if you have G2M recruiting experience.
- Ability to assess a resume and know the difference between a good fit and a bad fit.
- Startup experience is a huge plus, especially in a similarly sized company.
- Well-rounded and diverse experience in identification and engagement of sales and marketing talent.
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Experience working on a variety of roles/levels.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Organized user of an ATS for tracking, communication, and reporting – Greenhouse user a plus.
- Passion for finding the future talent of Gremlin and the openness to do any job to get it done
Nice to Have
- Creative thinker that can help bring new ideas to the table and makes decisions based on intuition and data.
- Ability to operate in ambiguous environment, you’re creating a new world over here – exciting but daunting.
- Track record of being adaptable to changing priorities – things can change on a dime here and we can’t miss a beat.
Our founders, Kolton Andrus and Matthew Fornaciari, lived and breathed incidents, on-call, and Chaos Engineering at Amazon and Netflix. As “Call Leaders” they were responsible for guiding teams through analyzing and rectifying global outages. After a decade of developing and advocating Chaos Engineering internally, they captured their learnings in the Gremlin product and launched the company in 2016.
Since then we’ve built an incredible team of industry veterans and people eager to learn and bring their knowledge over from other companies. We’re backed by top tier investors Index Ventures, Amplify Partners, and Redpoint Ventures. Our customers love us, and we’re thrilled to be a partner in their success.
At Gremlin we value:
- Work-life Balance – Our product helps engineers spend less time on incidents and more time doing what they enjoy. We expect the same for our employees. We offer a generous PTO policy, high-quality benefits, and location flexibility for most positions.
- Clear Communication – Our communication is direct, concise, and above all honest.
- Customer First – We work diligently to ensure that what we deliver is of the utmost quality and empowers our customers to be successful.
- Experimentation – Employees challenge assumptions, experiment boldly, and quickly adopt beneficial ideas while abandoning unsuccessful processes.
- Ownership – We have skin in the game, master all aspects of our role, and take responsibility for our successes and failures.
- Scrappiness – Employees use the right resources for the task at hand. Excess and deficiency are equally avoided.
- Community – We take pride in building and bolstering all facets of our community, both internal and external to the company. We support one another and help others to succeed.
If you share our values and are passionate about building and designing tools used by the best companies in the world, we’d love to hear from you.
Gremlin is an equal opportunity workplace committed to a diverse and inclusive culture. We are headquartered in the Bay Area, with offices in San Jose and San Francisco. We have remote employees across the United States, and many positions are location agnostic.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!