- JOB ID: 471732BR
- City: Herndon, King of Prussia, Littleton, Sunnyvale
- State: California, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Virginia
- Program: HRGTA
Do you have a passion for talent and driving the recruiting craft to the next level? How about building recruiting strategies to find the talent that will design the next iteration of the Orion Spacecraft? The Talent Acquisition (TA) Recruiter role supporting Lockheed Martin Space epitomizes this opportunity.
Space is not a place to go, it’s a place to do and at Lockheed Martin Space, we do difficult. In other words, we design and build stuff and send it into space whether it’s to explore Mars or take samples of asteroids! We also like thinking beyond today and need our Recruiters to think the same. It IS rocket science! We take science fiction and make it science reality. Our TA team sources and recruits for the upper echelon of our industry’s talent and our recruiting team is expanding.
We’re looking for trueblue recruiters accomplished in full life cycle recruiting from exceptional sourcing and negotiating skills through expert client engagement and management. You need an understanding of what it means to be in a compliancedriven environment and how security clearances can affect your recruiting game.
Our TA team wants to push the boundaries of space by pushing the boundaries of talent acquisition and how Space has historically thought about it. Depth of understanding on how, when and why to execute in a high demand, technically dominant environment is a must, along with the professional business acumen to navigate a sophisticated and complex environment.
This position may be located at any Lockheed Martin Space location, though virtual work may be considered.
This role is responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Create a gold standard candidate experience
- Team with our Recruitment Marketing Lead to develop and deliver strategic sourcing & attraction plans for critical segments (Quality Engineers and Program Planners to name a few)
- Embrace cutting edge recruiting technology such as covideo, textrecruit to attract top notch talent
- Partner with business leadership and Human Resource Business Partners (HRBPs) to define roles, source candidates, manage and execute the hiring process
- Consult with leaders during intake meetings prior to posting to attract the appropriate candidate pool
- Create compelling job descriptions to attract desired candidate pool
- Partner with Workforce Strategy leaders and HRBPs to identify openings, meet metrics goals and drive process improvements to achieve overall business objectives
- Proactively drive the hiring process with clients and provide regular feedback on the status of recruiting activity and any challenges faced
- Partner with Sourcers in defining and developing effective recruiting strategies based on business needs
- Identify candidates by preparing job board postings, researching and targeting potential candidates, in particular for critical skill segments
- Communicate the availability of skill sets to clients and make recommendations on staffing plans to successfully fill staffing needs for program success
- Work with Coordinators on scheduling interviews, postoffer, and other administrative support
- Build LM networks, personal networks and social networking connections
- Manage time effectively, identify opportunities for improvement, lead small projects, and foster change
- Apply knowledge of TA and Business Unit policies and procedures to effectively advise Hiring Leaders and HR on staffing process and best practices to increase efficiency and reduce cycle time
- Ensure applicant tracking compliance and required forms, Conflict of Interest documentation and approvals are uploaded into applicant tracking system
- Coach management and HR when the appropriate actions are not taken through active consultation with the Hiring Leader to ensure compliance with Corporate Policy, local, and federal legislation
- Experience as a corporate, agency or executive search recruiter
- Progressive recruiting experience including full life cycle recruiting
- Understanding of Boolean searching
- Experience sourcing technical candidates
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches/positions in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to manage projects and client relationships
- Ability to conduct candidate pipeline research via internet search, applicant tracking system, print material, and other avenues
- Able to adapt, promote and champion change
- Ability to develop and execute recruiting strategies, including candidate management, nontraditional recruiting techniques and process management
- Knowledge of applicable HR related federal regulations including EEO
- Expertise with Kenexa Recruiter BrassRing or other Applicant Tracking System
- Experience with social media tools for candidate outreach and recruiting
- Expertise with highly cleared national security sourcing
- Experience working as a recruiter within a federal contractor environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Experience Level: Experienced Professional
- Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
- Relocation Available: No
- Career Area: Human Resources
- Clearance Level: None
- Type: Full Time
- Virtual Location: yes
- Work Schedule: 9x80A9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
- Shift: First