Website UnitedHealth Group
Title: Senior Recovery/Resolutions Representative – Franklin, TN or US Telecommute
Location: Franklin Tennessee United States
Division: Optum Ops-Payment Integrity
Contest Number: 695077
Function: Claim Recovery/Resol/COB/Subro
BusinessSegment: Optum Operations
Region: North America
Country: United States
Other States: Connecticut Florida Arizona Minnesota Texas
Other Cities: Hartford Tampa Phoenix Minneapolis Dallas
JobLevel: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our Service Centers, improve our Service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 14 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions, and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their Healthcare needs, and stay on track with their Health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, and Performance.
The Senior Recovery/Resolution Representative handles information about patient services and how those services are paid by investigating and pursuing recoveries through contact with various parties. The representative manages subrogation files, negotiates settlements, and ensures adherence to compliance policies.
- Provide claims expertise support by reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, and resolving all types of claims as well as recovery and resolution for health plans, commercial customers, and government entities
- Analyze, identify trends, and provide reports as necessary
- Ensure adherence to state and federal compliance policies, reimbursement policies, and contract compliance
- Manage subrogation files
- Perform other duties as assigned
Keywords: claims, medical claims, healthcare claims, claims processing, claims processor; office, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, training class, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, Data Entry, adjustments, phone support
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- High School Diploma/GED OR 10+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of Healthcare claims or collections experience
- 1+ year of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ year of experience working with computers and Windows PC applications; maneuvering through multiple windows and typing
- 1+ year of ODAR experience
- 1+ year of IDARs experience
- Beginner experience with Microsoft Excel; general data manipulation
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve.
Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.