Senior Quality Engineer at PagerDuty
Senior Quality Engineer
- IT – IT
- FULL TIME
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values – Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself – serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
Solve for what’s next—at PagerDuty.
PagerDuty is looking for an experienced Quality Engineer that is passionate about testing and test automation for business-critical systems in a fast-paced environment. This candidate will interface with business partners from finance, sales, legal, and marketing as well as engineering teams, to develop appropriate test coverage and work to automate test use-cases. In addition, this person will develop a deep understanding of process and workflow streams across all the different business functions. Major responsibilities will include manual testing, creating test strategies, creating and executing tests, identifying and investigating bugs, automating testing activities, and keeping accurate records of tests performed and pass/fail results for business owner review and signoff. This role will require the ability to drive testing process improvements. This role also requires a strong work ethic in order to meet key deadlines, the ability to deliver consistently in a high-growth environment, and experience meeting compliance and control requirements.
- Perform extensive QA on billing flows (including self-serve and sales-assisted selling motions) to ensure the quality and accuracy of the workflows.
- Perform extensive QA on business systems to ensure the quality of the system enhancements or bug fixes.
- Follow the standard process for reporting any issues identified and work with Salesforce and billing team to resolve them.
- Explain technical problems or issues easily to technical and non-technical resources.
- Continue to improve and enhance the QA process; including automation of testing.
- Develop QA automation programs and streamline current QA efforts
- Design and implement robust and scalable test solutions.
- Participate effectively in a scrum team environment.
- Review new changes going into test and staging environments
- Develop new test services focused on release readiness and validation
- Develop and execute end-to-end/system test plan.Set up and maintain test configurations for end-to-end/system testing.
- Write documentation to the business and end users.
- 3+ years experience in agile software QA with a focus on release based testing
- 2+ years of experience with developing and executing end to end or system test plans
- Understanding of software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycles
- Experience working in a SaaS based environment
- Experience building automated UI tests through clicks
- Experience with testing automation tools; WebdriverIO or Core Selenium or similar tool preferred
- Experience in scrum/agile
- Experience with SalesforceExperience with Zuora, Netsuite, or Marketo preferred
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- 401K with 1% match
- Pre-tax commuter benefits, FSA, cell phone allowance and more!
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to 12 paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Paid employee Volunteer Time – 20 hours per year
- Monthly company wide hack days
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!