Senior Quality Assurance Engineer – CMS at KinderCare
Title: Senior QA Engineer – CMS – Remote Opportunity
About KinderCare Education®
KinderCare Education operates more than 1,380 early learning centers, and more than 560 Champions sites, supported by a corporate team of nearly 600 headquarters employees in Portland, Oregon. In 2019, KinderCare Education earned their third Gallup Great Workplace Award – one of only 39 companies worldwide to win this award.
- In neighborhoods with our KinderCare®Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and child care for children six weeks to 12 years old
- At work through KinderCare Education at Work™, family benefits for employers including on-site and near-site early learning centers and back-up care for last-minute child care
- In local schools with our Champions® before and after-school programs.
The IT team at KinderCare creates digital experiences that help working parents stay informed on their child’s early education and so much more. Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, KinderCare operates more than 1,500 early learning centers and employs more than 32,000 team members. In 2021, KinderCare earned its fifth Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award – one of only four companies worldwide to win this award for five consecutive years. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs. We keep this team online and help parents be where their kids are, even from the office.
- KinderCare is looking for a Senior QA and Experience Engineer to join our team in support of our flagship .NET product. We have a small but experienced team focusing on the efforts of 6 developers in an Agile environment and need an additional team member to ensure our releases are timely and well-covered. You can expect your normal day to include Agile ceremonies, occasional team meetings, lots of video call collaboration, easy-going group, and plenty of time to get to what you do best.
- As a Senior QA Engineer, you will be working on a rebuild and technology refresh, and we need experienced, very technical QA hands to help guide best practices and latest techniques. We are experimenting with BDD, Selenium automation, and we use Atlassian tools as our base set. You’ll be walking into a stable and friendly but busy team that could really use your technical expertise and methodical approach to add more technical structure to our testing. Your experience with continuous delivery and automation, and the role of the QA team in that process will help us transition to a digital delivery team as we continue to evolve.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan/Develop/Improve existing tests to support both UI and API testing
- Ability to effectively assess, analyze, and communicate risk
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to estimate sprint velocity reliably
- Creation, review and execution of Test Plans, Test Cases
- Working closely with QA Lead and Automation to identify gaps and opportunities with current test activities
- Maintaining solid root cause analysis skills
- Communication and cooperation with Developers on test executions, results analysis
Who You Are:
- 7+ years experience working in quality engineering role in a Windows environment
- Working knowledge of test automation methodologies and release management principles.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with basic SQL queries, SSMS,IIS and web service testing methodology, SDLC, quality standards, best practices, test automation tools and frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Desire and discipline for self-education in QA/QE field
Bonus skills and experience:
- Experience working with JIRA and Zephyr for Jira
- Ability to maintain existing test automation and contribute to building new test automation
- Scripting and automation experience with tools such as PowerShell
KinderCare Education employs more than 32,000 team members across 1,700 locations nationwide. Our devoted family of education providers leads the nation in accreditation and includes KinderCare® Learning Centers, KinderCare Education at Work®, Champions® Before- and After-School Programs, Cambridge Schools™, Knowledge Beginnings® and The Grove School®.
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location: US-Oregon-Portland
Other Locations: US-Remote Opportunity
Job: National Support Center
Job Type: Full-time