Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Beat App
Senior QA Engineer
Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone. We also help hundreds of thousands of people earn extra income as drivers.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented engineers are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat is currently available to customers in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced QA automation engineer who can play a key role in driving the formation, implementation and continuous improvement of our testing processes and tooling.
You will be joining a growing team of talented engineering professionals responsible for a world class transportation app that is already used by thousands of users and evolving at an ever increasing pace. We iterate rapidly by deploying code several times a day, and must rely on our test processes and itools to pinpoint issues as quickly and as early as possible. In order to make this possible, we believe that testing should not be an afterthought and automation is key.
As a QA automation engineer at Beat, you will be on a team supporting the creation and implementation of automation tests to ensure quality and expected functionality. You seek to work with others to learn and best understand business requirements in order to develop corresponding test plans, test cases and test data, as well as execute manual testing scenarios when appropriate. You will create robust comprehensive test plans to verify functionality of the full technology stack. We are looking for a well-rounded candidate with solid analytical skills. You should have an enthusiasm for taking ownership with a strong commitment to quality.
In this role you will be responsible for driving our test automation strategy and directly contributing to suite of automated functional and non-functional tests. You will have the opportunity to use the latest tools, languages and frameworks while working with a large and friendly team who have a wealth of experience. As a QA automation engineer you will influence our testing approach, development process and collaborate with a core infrastructure team to guide you with the contribution to internal frameworks and libraries.
Working as part of a cross-functional engineering team, you will be involved in all phases of the product development life cycle in order to achieve and maintain a high bar for test quality, efficiency and repeatability.
What you’ll do day in, day out:
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to define SMART and testable user stories
- Collaborate with other QA engineers across the organisation to design, build and maintain automated scenarios, coverage and reporting
- Participate in architectural discussions in order to guide and facilitate the design of testable systems
- Develop a deep understanding of the product domain and business requirements (both functional and non-functional)
- Coach and support developers in building high quality, efficient and repeatable test automation
- Continuously evaluate and improve testing processes, approaches, and standards within the Beat organisation as a whole.
- Help to develop new automation tests and contribute to continuous delivery
- Report all defects discovered using defined defect reporting processes.
- Assist in the gathering and analyzing of testing metrics and suggests process improvements to improve the software development and testing processes including performance testing and monitoring.
What you’ll need to have
- Highly experienced in designing and implementing test strategies and test plans with demonstrable knowledge of testing techniques, methodologies and approaches
- Ability to write new and modify existing automation code in addition to possible unit tests to maintain a working regression testing suite.
- Demonstrable ability to design specific, repeatable, well-documented tests
- Proven experience implementing test automation and testing infrastructure (e.g. using CI/CD pipelines)
- Experience with testing Microservices and container technologies.
- Ability to display and convey thought leadership within your area of expertise
- Detailed understanding of common defect and data-management tools
- Experience working effectively with teams and stakeholders to develop relationships and achieve common goals
- Ability to work well with other teams to resolve issues and defects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Additionally, you communicate well and enjoy working in a startup-like atmosphere. You care deeply about test quality, efficiency, and repeatability. You do not shy away from automating repetitive tasks and think of processes scalability. You are curious about modern trends in the tech and software industry, yet you are pragmatic about how to apply them to what you do. And, last but definitely not least, you are passionate about what you do.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefits Program
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!