Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
- Remote job
Bisnow is the largest producer of news and events within the commercial real estate industry across North America, Canada, the UK and Ireland. Like any other industry, executives within CRE need to be informed and connected to do their jobs well. And in CRE, doing your job well means doing smarter deals and more of them.
Our mission is to inform, connect and advance the commercial real estate community to do more business.
We aspire to be the most data-driven and humanizing digital media, live events and intelligence platform in the galaxy and through this effort, drive the industry to do smarter business. From events and news to branded content and video, our singular voice, attitude and perspective reaches 18 million all-digital readers and more than 100,000 industry insiders who attend our 300+ Bisnow events each year. Operating in more than 50 cities across North America and Europe, we tend to think globally, but strive to connect people hyper-locally.
We are seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to join our engineering team and help institute industry standard QA processes to help accelerate code acceptance, general functional testing, regression testing and to aid in deployment of our systems and services. This person will own the entire testing lifecycle and implement best practices to help take our software quality to the next level. As our team is still small, this is an excellent opportunity for someone ambitious to join and help establish guidelines and procedures for how we should test our software and what automated testing systems we should be investing in.
- Review product specifications and work with product stakeholders to validate expected behavior of all products
- Plan and build out procedures for testing various software setups including RESTful APIs and browser based web applications.
- Review new code and develop plans with the engineering owner to review and validate PRs.
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results.
- Identify and log bugs accurately and quickly in Jira.
- Perform regression testing in an automated fashion to ensure daily operations are not impacted.
- Help troubleshoot issues and work with customer service to surface issues to engineering.
- 3-5 years of QA testing experience in a dynamic engineering environment.
- Knowledge of general software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience with automated testing tools and suites.
- Experience planning and executing software tests.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- We have a highly competitive compensation structure that rewards those who win, incredibly well
- Vacation is important and we want you to take it. We’re also not into bureaucracy so tracking vacation sounds insane and that’s why we decided to offer unlimited vacation
- Health, dental, vision, commuter, short term disability and 401k benefits are included for all our employees
- You’ll get to work with smart, passionate, driven, ambitious, kind, caring and mindful people and will rarely experience an overload of policies, bureaucracy or toxicity (the latter, we do not tolerate. Period)
WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS?
At Bisnow, we believe the interview process is a two way street. We ask that you interview us during this process as much as we plan to interview you. Most companies wouldn’t dream to include drawbacks on a job description – but we know were not perfect and don’t pretend to be. So here are the most common drawbacks voiced by people who did not find Bisnow to be a good fit.
- Lack of structure. we’ve gone from a handful of entrepreneurs to a company with 100 employees relatively quickly and our management team are mostly in their thirties which means we don’t have decades of experience. Were figuring things out as we go, so if you’re someone who needs structure in place, were probably not the place for you but if you consider yourself an entrepreneur and want to help figure things out with a smart team of like-minded go getters, this could be your dream career.
- Chaotic at times, Bisnow should put proper policies in place. Mario Andretti once said that if things seem under control, you’re probably not going fast enough. We don’t encourage chaos but we do see a healthy amount of it as a result of exciting growth and were also not big fans of bureaucracy and find the more policies we implement the more bureaucratic things become.
- Long hours, not a lot of time off, unlimited vacation means no vacation. We encourage taking long vacations and time off and we truly believe that those sorts of trips can lead to more productivity when people come back and feel more inspired by new ideas. We do work long hours and for some people that’s not ideal. As entrepreneurs, we have to love what we do or else we wouldnt be particularly good at it and when you love what you do, you dont really separate work and play but rather integrate the two.