Senior QA Engineer at Public Consulting Group - PCG
Title: Sr. QA Engineer
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston,Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide. PCG’s Education practice offers consulting services and technology solutions that help schools, school districts, and state education agencies/ministries of education to promote student success, improve programs and processes, and optimize financial resources. To learn more, visit.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer for acontract position that has the potential of becoming a full-time position after the initial contract is completed. This position is based in our Asheville, NC office but does have the potential to be a work from home positionfor a remote candidate.
- Serves as subject matter expert on automated testing including Performance Testing, API Testing and Functional Testing
- Determine opportunities and approaches for automated testing. This includes determination of tools, frameworks, infrastructure which are reliable and provide positive ROI
- Creates and Implements Test frameworks
- Develops & maintains reliable automated tests which are run regularly to provide quality feedback
- Leverages automated testing approaches to provide solutions that are reliable, maintainable and provide positive ROI
- Works with project QA Lead and different teams (Development/PM/Operation) to collect necessary information to assure the automated testing coverage
- Leverages existing tools for Test Case Management and Defect Management
- Oversees PCG and offshore QA Engineers to set their priorities and remove their roadblocks in assessing and executing automated testing.
- Leads special quality-related initiatives to improve process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques as needed
- Tracks status and communicate progress effectively to project managementContributes to Test Dashboards, Test Progress and Test Evaluation Reports. Demonstrates thought leadership by gaining full understanding of why we have the processes we do, understanding how each works across departments, and adapting to changes and improving our delivery model to clients
- Contributes to Test Dashboards, Test Progress and Test Evaluation Reports. Demonstrates thought leadership by gaining full understanding of why we have the processes we do, understanding how each works across departments, and adapting to changes and improving our delivery model to clients
- Demonstrated success in an automated testing leadership role
- Expert level of knowledge with Performance Testing, API Testing and Functional Testing automation tools. Strong preference to include Jmeter, Java Selenium and Cucumber
- Experience MS Office applications and/or other web-based software applications
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor
- Ability to work collaboratively, and lead testing initiatives
- Highly motivated, able to learn quickly, and accountable for committed results
- Adept and passionate for learning the latest testing technologies, tools, and frameworks
- Strong Microsoft Office applications skills (preferably with Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent field
- 7+ years of Automated Software Testing and Quality Assurance Expertise focused on Web-based enterprise applications. 1-3years of hands-on leadership experience preferably including offshore testing teams
- ISTQB Foundation certification is preferred
Job Locations: US-NC-Asheville | US-Home or Remote Position
Job ID: 2020-5152
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!