Senior QA Engineer
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionize the boutique fitness industry. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 30 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that are building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful. At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We’re looking for people that will do the same.
What we need
We are looking to add a Senior QA Engineer to join our team. We have a fantastic product crafted with a cutting edge tech stack, and a huge opportunity to realise. We do things differently here, by getting our QA engineers working closely with all cross-functional teams right from ideation stage straight through to production.
If you’re looking to join a scaling startup and you’re willing to work hard to solve some complex problems for a very large market, then we are looking for you.
What Will I Be Doing?
This role will be instrumental in the continued implementation of test automation activities across our product suite. As a Senior QA Engineer at Glofox, here’s what you will have the chance to get involved in:
- Lead the QA team and manage the automation backlog
- Collaborate with a team of designers, developers, product managers, to make sure quality is embedded in both processes and technology and work towards transforming ideas into unique, human experiences for current and future fitness entrepreneurs
- You will be proactive and have a strong focus on quality and risk throughout the delivery cycle, identifying and implementing automation approaches as required
- You will be critical to testing feature implementations and integrations, remaining hands-on with the work of the team. You will share your experience of working with high-volume systems, to help provide a resilient and responsive online service
- Test critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of the very latest technologies
- Contribute to our culture of shipping faster and being nimble to ever changing priorities
- Collaborate closely with Product Owners to write and implement acceptance criteria
- Write automation test cases that verify functional and non-functional requirements of a feature
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the post-technical ivory tower leadership style. An advocate for clean code and engineering practices.
What Skills Do I need?
- 5+ years of experience in writing test automation preferably in Java
- Experience of using open source test tools and test frameworks – RestAssured, Cucumber, JBehave, Karma, Selenium, Protractor
- A rich breadth of experience in testing and understanding of databases and services (e.g. RESTful services), including the ability to programmatically interact with data formats that may include XML and JSON
- Experience in practices like Test Driven Development (TDD), behaviour-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD).
- An eagerness to do what it takes to get the job done. Whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities
- Have a test community footprint for example through conferences, meetups, blog posts etc.
- Experience identifying the genesis of a defect, using de-bugging tools (e.g. Firebug or Console), analysing stack traces, code, log-files and other artefacts
- Working knowledge of a CI system to craft builds, ideally Jenkins
- Exposure to mocking frameworks
- Understanding of web accessibility issues and appropriate methods for testing these
- Experience of productivity tracking tools e.g. Jira
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major organizations’ tech strategies.
- Experience of managing and implementing infrastructure as code with tools like terraform or cloudformation
- Thorough understanding of techniques to have browser compatibility, backwards and forwards.
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Community involvement with open source contributions
- The chance to work at a fast-growing startup in an attractive space
- Freedom to work from wherever you like – we embrace flexible, remote work and have a distributed team across multiple countries. If you wish to work from an office environment, we have co-located offices in Dublin, Belfast and Galway, Ireland.
- The opportunity to help fitness entrepreneurs improve the health of people worldwide
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Taxsaver tickets and BikeToWork scheme
- Any support you need to level up your skills – conferences, books, screencasts