Sr QA Automation Engineer
At Modus Create we are looking for QA Automation Engineer.
We are a Design Build agency that helps clients achieve their digital transformation goals. We accelerate business outcomes with our integrated product strategy, customer experience, agile, open source and emerging technology engagements. Additionally, we are proud partners of Atlassian, Ionic Framework, GitHub, and AWS.
If you have at least 3 plus years of experience working in QA , designing and implementing automation frameworks, we have a place for you.
This contract role may be performed from a remote location and requires a level of effort estimated at 40 hours per week.
We’re looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Designing test plans and processes for new products, desktop web-based applications.
- Experience with Telerik Test Studio.
- Experience with object-oriented programming in C#.
- Design of efficient and clear structure of code in automated tests.
- Automated functional testing with Selenium Webdriver, Watir, Capybara or similar systems.
- TDD or BDD practices and their associated frameworks like CodeCeption, Jasmine, Mocha, Cucumber.
- Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI or comparable continuous integration systems.
- Experience with JIRA bug tracking system.
- Experience with test case management systems like Testrail.
- Working in Agile and/or Kanban environments.
- Good understanding of XPaths.
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- Concise written and verbal communication skills for documenting bugs and test cases.
- Track record of active participation and contributions to the testing community (Stack Overflow, QA/ automation framework forums, Meetup groups, blogging, Twitter).
- Familiarity with database systems, both SQL and NoSQL (For example, MySQL and MongoDB).
- Prior experience with setting up and installing VMs.
- Grasp of the command line and scripting languages (like Bash and Powershell).
- Firm understanding of application development.
- Ability to work in Windows environment.
Let’s Talk about You
- You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
- You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
- You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
- Recognized over the years by Inc. Magazine as the top ranked software company in the Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland area, Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products.
- We are a global, bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 185+ people in 40+ countries in 8 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet.
- We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
- Do you have what it takes to join the DC area’s most awesome tech company? Let’s start a conversation.