- Full time
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help all students build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than three million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is looking for a Psychometrician to join our team. The Psychometrician will work as part of a research team on a variety of projects involving classroom assessment, instructional interventions, and instructional technology. The hired candidate will employ a wide range of statistical methodologies in order to support evidence for the reliability and validity of Amplify’s literacy and numeracy products and services. Additionally, the Psychometrician will contribute to all phases of research and product development: ideation, prototype design, pilot testing, field testing and data collection, analysis, and report generation and dissemination.
If you are a deep psychometrics expert with a background in modern assessment methodologies who is passionate about improving educational outcomes for all students, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities of the Psychometrician:
- Serve as in-house expert on educational measurement and psychometrics.
- Contribute to the design of research projects, not limited to: the design and conduct of classical and IRT item analyses, equating studies, validity and efficacy studies, sampling plans, using pilot data in support of research and content design, and special statistical analyses.
- Develop and manage field research data collection tools and protocols.
- Develop and use of psychometric tools to evaluate the accuracy of complex psychometric results.
- Collaborate across departments, fostering and supporting the use of proper research methods throughout the entire lifecycle of products and services.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and software engineers in the construction of user-facing reports in educational products.
- Produce reports, position papers, and manuscripts for internal research purposes, external client review, and publication in peer-reviewed or refereed venues (i.e., conferences, journals).
Basic Qualifications of the Psychometrician:
- Doctorate degree in a relevant field (Quantitative Psychology, Educational Measurement & Statistics, Psychometrics, etc.).
- 4+ years of applied research experience.
- Strong foundation in mathematical statistics.
- Proven understanding of the foundations of psychometrics including classical test theory, item response theory, structural equation modeling, mixed-effects modeling.
- Research record, including publications and presentations to professional audiences.
- Experience with at least one statistical programming environment (Mplus, Stata, SAS).
Preferred Qualifications of the Psychometrician:
- Demonstrated skills in designing and conducting research studies is highly desirable.
- Training and experience in the development of adaptive tests.
- Experience with programming in R and Python.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL data management systems.
- Experience with machine learning and neural models.
- Subject-matter expertise in early K-8 literacy and/or numeracy.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.