Senior Project Manager – Cardiac
- The Senior Project Manager of Cardiac Registries is responsible for the abstraction of CathPCI cases using the NCDR data dictionary and specification manuals.
- As Senior Project Manager of the Cardiac Registries, this individual will be abstracting cases to keep their skill set current and assist with case abstractions to meet deadlines, if needed.
- This individual will follow and maintain the project parameter/project roadmap document as the individual job description for each project assignment, as well as utilizes all industry related reference manuals (data abstraction specification manuals/resources), interpreting and applying all rules successfully.
- The Senior Project Manager of the Cardiac Registries will be expected to meet Validation Expectations as outlined in the Validation Policy and Procedure;
- meet defined Productivity Standards within four weeks of abstracting on a new project for each case type assigned; complete all tasks related to project implementation, setup and training of assigned project;
- completes project related documentation as outlined in the Registry Partners standard procedures;
- manage NCDR CathPCI projects in accordance with ACC/NCDR and/or regulatory requirements, as well as RP policy/procedure; supervise NCDR abstractors by managing workflows, task assignments, trainings, validation of work, and documentation; consult industry-related Q & A resources as needed;
- consult with Registry Partners Management/Validation teams for abstracting questions/clarifications as needed; and consults with Registry Directors and Senior Vice President as appropriate, to evaluate client questions and concerns before responding.
- The Senior Project Manager must have a willingness to potentially learn/cross-train/transition to other NCDR projects and be accountable for and follow, assigned work schedule and fulfill committed work hours each week.
- The Senior Project Manager of Cardiac will primarily interact with Clinical Data Abstractors for the projects he/she is responsible for managing each week;
- as well as working directly with Validation Managers and other Senior Project Managers, Executive Management Team members, IT Support, Security Team members, and with existing and potential clients.
We are seeking Full-Time candidates who have current experience in both NCDR Cath and PCI.
Requirements and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year of current data abstraction experience with the NCDR Cath and PCI registry, 2 – 3 years of current experience preferred
- Experience and current abstraction work history of other NCDR case types (ICD, CP-MI, TVT, LAAO, etc.), preferred
- At least one year experience in management, preferred
- Computer savvy and proficient in utilizing NCDR industry data abstraction specifications manuals, data abstraction software systems and EMR applications
- Willingness to learn/cross-train/transition to other NCDR projects
- Personal Computer with Windows 8 operating system or higher
- High-Speed Internet Access (5 Mbps Download & 2 Mbps Upload speeds)
- Successful completion of pre-employment skills assessment exam
- Active Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Health Information Administrator/Registered Health Information Technician (RHIA/RHIT), or Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), preferred
- Must be reliable, responsible, and dependable
- Initiative to identify and solve problems
- Displays staffing ability and mentors as needed
- Understands priorities and adapts to change in task assignments
- Deals with challenging situations with professionalism while maintaining composure
- Abide by strict confidentiality regulations as defined by HIPPA and company policy
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as highly organized, proficient time management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently
All team members are employees of Registry Partners, Inc., not contractors. Employees have a flexible schedule, achieve a work/life balance, and can work remotely from all 50 states. Full-time staff members have peace of mind through our full-time guarantee and a full benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid continuing education time
- Paid holidays
- 401K retirement planning
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance