Senior Project Manager – BI Deployments at MAXIMUS
Senior Project Manager – BI Deployments – REMOTE
- Job Locations US-TX-Austin | US-Remote
- Requisition ID2020-57288
- # of Openings 1
- Job Schedule Regular Full-Time
Job Description Summary
A Senior Project manager – BI Deployments is responsible for the execution of several simultaneous technology deployment projects in support of Standardized Operations & Analytics – Performance Analytics (SOA PAX) applications in business intelligence and related performance analytics disciplines.
- The is a REMOTE position
- Executes project management activities and develops project management artifacts using MAXIMUS PM methodologies
- Ensures that all projects are compliant with business process management standards and best practices
- Is the primary liaison with the business customer to define scope and works with the customer and the business analysts to define functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Develops project scope statements based on business requirements and validates the scope statement with the business customer
- Develops and maintains project plans and tracks against schedule and budget
- Effectively manages risks and issues and escalates as appropriate
- Facilitates communication and interaction among the SOA PAX team including development resources, architecture resources, QA resources and the business and system analyst resources
- Coordinates deployment project tasks across internal organizations such as IT, Telecom, networking, security and privacy
- Supports the project in operationalizing the use of the SOA PAX business intelligence tools and coordinates with other internal stakeholders such as the Operations Analytics team for effective use of the deployed BI solutions
- Transitions projects to the appropriate organization post startup phase when appropriate
- Reports status to the business customer and the SOA PAX director of deployments on a regular basis and to leadership on an as needed basis
- Ensures that project experience and reusable data to improve project management methods in the future are gathered and archived
- Manages the deployment team’s response to unscheduled downtime in compliance with the established communication and escalation protocol
- Provides input to project resource forecasts
- Elicits feedback related to the products deployed on projects and delivers product related feedback to the appropriate product manager
- Provides supports for new business development and bids as needed with milestone schedules and LOE estimates
- Project Management and Project Management Tools
- Agile Methodologies and Agile Software Development Tools
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Status Reporting
- Financial Reporting
- Resource Planning
- Requirements Engineering
- Technical Capacity
- Contact Center Operations
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical, business or financial discipline.
- 5 years of project management experience.
- At least 2 years of senior management experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree
- 7 years of experience, 5 years at a senior management level.
- Experience in more than one of the following disciplines: healthcare, telephony, consulting, development engineering, finance, operations.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Relevant certifications in project management
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercise supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
- In some instances this manager may have subordinate supervisors and/or managers.
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implement strategic policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements.
- Regularly interact with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Require the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Establish operational objectives and work plans and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies that affect immediate operations and may also have company-wide effect.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a management position in a health or human services related field.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- The ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects.
- Computer literate.
- Preferred qualifications include proven ability establishing and maintaining relationships with community groups, including stakeholder and advocacy organizations.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!