Senior Project Manager at DockYard
Location: US Locations Only
Who We Are
DockYard is hiring for a Senior Project Manager to join the Client Services team. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in joining a digital services consultancy on the forefront of new tech. We work with some of the world’s largest brands (i.e., Apple, Netflix) to design and develop ambitious applications for growth and transformation-minded initiatives.
What We Do
DockYard is a digital product consultancy partnering with user-centered organizations to craft impactful, inclusive, and reliable digital experiences.
Our collaborative team of experienced product strategists, engineers and designers help clients gain a deeper understanding of their users. Armed with those insights, we use future-forward technologies and approaches to design and engineer meaningful experiences for companies and the people they serve.
From ideation to realization, we enable ambitious teams to accelerate lasting product innovation.
About the role
At the highest level, a Senior Project Manager at DockYard is an expert on the client and the product from start to finish. They are the person directly responsible for the health and longevity of an engagement, the project team, and the client relationship. Generally, they’ll be focused on one client at a time (either on one larger engagement or overseeing a portfolio of engagements under one company).
We serve a variety of different engagements, and therefore our Senior Project Managers at DockYard must be experienced and skilled in adapting to the different needs of our clients. To be successful, they must have a strong command of client consulting and modern product development processes, and ability to play multiple hats that will change per engagement. It’s a best fit for individuals that thrive in an ever-changing environment, and enjoy leaning into different client and product skill sets that can change from day to day.
Client Partnership Management
- Nurture and grow client partnership – Collaborate with Business Development to increase client value through current and future services offerings
- Grow expertise around client’s industry, its product’s users, and its company culture to help inform Business Development on growth and retention opportunities
- Collaborate with appropriate disciplines to develop creative proposals for new opportunities focusing on unique client needs
- Provide coaching and servant leadership to help product teams achieve optimal performance in the DockYard Way as Scrum Master.
- Use servant leadership techniques and the Agile methodology to enable the project team in collaboration with other project leads.
- Supports resource onboarding and offboarding and continually optimizes processes and documentation, making recommendations internally and to the client.
- Serves as escalation point for projects when needed
- Report on overall health and dynamic of project teams to leadership; provide feedback to management on opportunities for team members to be more successful.
Client-Facing Project Management
- Regularly communicate project status and escalated risks effectively, acting as the liaison between the project team, DockYard leadership, and client stakeholders.
- Provides engagement quality assurance and leadership
- Gathers and delivers feedback to the client team; facilitates escalation of concerns and improvements at regular intervals
- Depending on the needs of the client or project, the Senior Project Manager should be prepared to serve as the Product Manager and/or Product Owner role on the team.
- Product Manager: Become the subject matter expert and own product strategy on behalf of a client, and drive success of a product throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Product Owner: Own the product roadmap, milestone planning, writing requirements and user stories, and managing priorities.
- Collaborate closely with client counterparts to meet product ownership expectations, provide guidance to assist with internal objectives.
- Work closely with Design and Engineering Leads to drive and evolve product strategy
- Travel 1-2x per quarter or as needed to build client partnership
- 5+ years experience in software development consulting or an agency role
- Experience in the business development process
- Proven success in developing and maintaining long-term client relationships
- Experience with Agile development – Scrum Master experience preferred
- Comfortable with public speaking (e.g., participating in proposals, presenting to clients)
- Proficiency with modern tools for communications (e.g., Slack), productivity (e.g., GSuite)
Nice To Haves
- Technical skills or experience working with a deeply technical product
- Previous experience working for a remote company
DockYard is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, pregnancy, family responsibilities, matriculation, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!