Senior Project Manager at Acorns
Sr. Project Manager
- Sr. Project Manager | Acorns
At Acorns, we’re building a financial wellness system that enables everyday Americans to save and invest every day. We are transforming the category and recruiting a team that is relentless at fulfilling our mission. The Acorns team comes together every day to deliver a revolutionary product to its customers, the up-and-coming. If you thrive in an environment where you can push yourself beyond all previous thresholds of possibility, come join us at Acorns.
Acorns is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to initiate and deliver core projects and feature developments that support the continued innovation of Acorns as a revolutionary investing service.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns’ mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself to team members, stakeholders, and collaborators you will be working with
- Become familiar with our product, particularly the features you’ll be working closely with
- Learn about our roadmap and our structure for executing it
- Become familiar with your team’s process for delivering projects and features
- Learn about our ongoing process improvements and discover how you can contribute
- Begin leading the delivery and execution of your team’s projects
Within 3 months, you will:
- Build collaborative working relationships with members of the Product, Engineering, and Design teams that you will be working closely with
- Collaborate across multiple functional areas to define and deliver strategic projects
- Provide visibility to project progress and status at the project portfolio level
- Manage risks, blockers, and dependencies. Identify and facilitate solutions and mitigation plans to appropriate stakeholders. Understand escalation channels.
Within 6 months, you will:
- Be a servant leader and support Product and Engineering to meet quarterly and yearly objectives
- Own the delivery of the project roadmap for your area
- Demonstrate the ability to drive the end to end lifecycle of a project
- Drive scope management and break complex cross functional projects into incremental plans of action
- Champion healthy and balanced processes that increases value generation, flexibility, and transparency
- Work with Engineering and Product to assess process needs and identify and implement frameworks, tools, and practices that satisfy the needs of Acorns and your team
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 8+ years of experience in technology
- 5+ years of experience managing software project delivery
- Experience shaping projects and features from inception to execution to delivery in a variety of environments
- Ability to see a 30,000 feet view of a project’s status, timeline, and potential hurdles and to lead the appropriate course corrections
- Ability to apply and advocate for a variety of Agile development frameworks and practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, user stories, empirical management, pairing, Lean UX) and the ability and flexibility to adapt them to fit team and product environment
- Experience filling the Scrum Master role and ideally experience mentoring and coaching other Scrum Masters
- Relevant certifications (PSM II or equivalent preferred)
- Experience applying Lean principles in a technology-driven product environment
- Expert facilitation that can effectively bring a team together, discover possibilities, and converge on desired outcomes and action items
- Experience working with an Agile tool like Jira and ideally experience with administrating Jira
- Capable of effectively managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Adaptability to adjust in a quickly changing environment
- Process oriented and highly organized with ability to establish comprehensive execution plans
- Pragmatic approach to getting stuff done while collaborating well with others
- Strong sense of curiosity and willingness to continuously learn and develop
- Strong desire to partner with others to improve the way things are done every day
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- A belief that your work is tied to your life’s mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world’s top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns’ smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!