Senior Product Manager, Data Science at NerdWallet
Title: Senior Product Manager (Data Science)
- Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
NerdWallet is in the business of putting personal finance knowledge in your wallet with accessible online tools and expert advice. Millions of consumers come to NerdWallet every month looking for insights about the personal finance products that serve their needs the best.
NerdWallet is leveraging machine learning to infer a user’s goals, preferences, and financial profile so that we can build smarter and more personalized experiences. As the Product Manager for Data Science, you will work with product, data and business leaders to define strategic investments that assist our users, and help all of our products get better over time. You will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to identify, define and prioritize initiatives. Finally, you will collaborate closely with data scientists and engineers to execute initiatives with excellence. You will be a member of our platform team and report to the Director of Product (Platforms).
Where you can make an impact:
- Deliver personalized experiences that drive engagement and conversion.
- Effectively partner with the Data Science organization, and identify areas where machine learning can lead to better user and business outcomes.
- Deeply understand our consumers: their profiles, short and long term goals, and inspirations and our partners’ business models to leverage data to personalize the shopping experience that brings positive outcomes for both our consumers and our partners.
- In collaboration with Data Science, Platform Engineering, and other partner teams, create meaningful change in the development, prioritization and execution of shopping personalization product roadmaps.
- Clearly communicate product ideas, user value, and benefits to our users and financial marketplace partners.
- Exhibit sound product and business judgment and present clear measurable objectives that will lead to achieving business goals.
- Serve as an effective cross-functional executional partner, and drive toward alignment on partner prioritization, project operating model, dependencies, sequencing, testing, and delivery date.
- Write clear Product Specification documents that can serve as a foundation for Data Science Specifications and Technical Specifications.
- Provide feedback on Data Science model specification, model features, data required, and success metrics.
- Partner with Data Science and Product and Business Analytics to define experimentation approach, analyze experiment, identify learnings, and iterate.
- Identify and evaluate new data sources.
- Mentor and develop other members of the product team as we grow and scale.
- Data Science Aptitude: You have basic knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning fundamentals and an interest in learning more.
- Solid Business/Strategic Intuition: You are able to identify the right business opportunities, make prioritization calls, and devise clear action plans.
- Self-Starter Mindset: You are excited by a fast-paced environment and the accountability that comes with owning large projects.
- Strong Product Intuition: You have a clear sense of how to gather insights and synthesize consumer needs.
- A Collaborative Style: You work comfortably across teams and disciplines leveraging their talents, expertise, and insight to achieve shared goals.
- A Focus on Execution: You have the organizational and analytical skills to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Technical Chops: You collaborate well with engineers and know how to build incrementally with a focus on the future.
- Consumer-First Mindset: You obsess about how to make product experiences intuitive and ensure that you are prioritizing the consumer’s best interest in product decisions.
- An Analytical Approach: You can properly evaluate the success or failure of features and use data to guide next steps.
We recognize not everyone will have all of these requirements. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you.
- 4+ years in product management at a consumer internet company.
- 2+ years of professional experience in Data Science/ Machine Learning
- A track record of successfully leading product development from strategy to concept through post-launch growth.
- Technical background, or experience partnering with Data Scientists and Machine Learning engineers.
- Marketplace experience is preferred.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
Work hard, stay balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental and vision for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy Flexible Time Off + 12 holidays + Mental Health Days
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend and Cell Phone Stipend
Have some fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours and team bonding across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you’re remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self – we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- WiFi stipend, work from home equipment stipend, and co-working space subsidy
- Commuting stipend and catered breakfast, lunch and onsite barista for SF based Nerds
- Anniversary recognition program choose from different items and experiences
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!