Senior Product Manager at StraighterLine
Senior Product Manager
StraighterLine is an innovative online educational platform that helps solves the #1 issue facing students today – the skyrocketing cost of college.
Are you looking for a job or looking to make a difference? StraighterLine is on a mission to create extraordinary products that solve the #1 issue facing students today – the skyrocketing cost of college. We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to help us discover products which provide high value to our customers and delight our end-users while aligning to our business objectives.
As a Product Manager at StraighterLine, you’ll be responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life cycle, including developing user stories, defining the product vision, and working closely with technology, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and student satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager ensures the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Work with stakeholders such as management and executive teams to understand the business strategy, translating it into product strategy through research and analysis of market trends, customer feedback, product usage and competitive analysis
- Own the product vision and roadmap of a designated product line or feature area, ensuring that the product and engineering teams are aligned on long-term strategy and KPIs
- Lead the complete product life cycle including market requirements, product release plans; aligned development of Agile user story and success criteria authoring and backlog prioritization
- Develop a coherent online product strategy in collaboration with other organizational leaders to develop and communicate a complete online product, design, content, and user experience strategy and roadmap in support of strategic business initiatives
- Manage the performance of designated products by leveraging key metrics, including customer satisfaction, customer engagement, traffic, usage patterns, and more
- Develop a rigorous approach to prioritizing online product needs based on user research, marketing insights, competitive intelligence, business needs, and trends in online technology and user experience. Drive third-party product evaluation, prototype development and user testing in support of this approach.
- Engage with customers, gathering requirements, soliciting feedback, and participating in beta testing and usability testing programs
- Utilize influencing skills to build a collaborative culture and foster relationships with both internal and external strategic partners
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Product Management best practices, processes, and knowledge areas
- Remarkable research capability and analytical skills
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of product management experience within a software development organization (Required)
- Demonstrated success in planning and delivering outstanding products
- Agile/Scrum team experience: 3 years (preferred)
- Experience crafting product strategy and roadmap, managing requirements, and launching new products based on an in-depth understanding of customers and market – 2+ years (required)
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle within a Software as a Service (SaaS) organization
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience in managing B2B SaaS products 1+ year (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Product Management Certification (preferred)
- Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds at times
Recognized by Fast Company as one of the “10 Most Innovative Companies in Education,” the New York Times, Inside Higher Ed and more. StraighterLine’s innovative courses and relationships with colleges makes higher education affordable again.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!